Police: Hit-and-run driver carried man 75 feet before fleeing
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are searching for the driver who fled after hitting a 65-year-old man as he was crossing the street.
The man was walking near 1000 West and 1700 South when he was struck about 6:50 p.m. by a silver car, Salt Lake City Police Lt. Carl Merino said. Police believe the man was knocked up on top of the car and carried about 75 feet before he fell off and the driver fled.
The man was not in a crosswalk and was wearing dark clothing, Merino said.
The man was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition with head and neck injuries, Merino said. His name was not immediately released.
Meanwhile, Merino said police know little about the car or its driver, though the vehicle likely has damage to the windshield and hood and is missing the passenger mirror following the crash.
Anyone with information about the car is asked to call Salt Lake City police at 801-799-3000.
— McKenzie Romero
- Security, authorities detain woman...
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Sandy man gets prison time in $1.5 million...
- New Salt Lake fire chief caught in political...
- Larry H. Miller family pulls Tooele County...
- River rafters discover wreckage of aircraft...
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's refusal to...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 36
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 21
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 15
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 14
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12