Police: Hit-and-run driver carried man 75 feet before fleeing
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are searching for the driver who fled after hitting a 65-year-old man as he was crossing the street.
The man was walking near 1000 West and 1700 South when he was struck about 6:50 p.m. by a silver car, Salt Lake City Police Lt. Carl Merino said. Police believe the man was knocked up on top of the car and carried about 75 feet before he fell off and the driver fled.
The man was not in a crosswalk and was wearing dark clothing, Merino said.
The man was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition with head and neck injuries, Merino said. His name was not immediately released.
Meanwhile, Merino said police know little about the car or its driver, though the vehicle likely has damage to the windshield and hood and is missing the passenger mirror following the crash.
Anyone with information about the car is asked to call Salt Lake City police at 801-799-3000.
— McKenzie Romero
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- Students dress in Sunday best to honor young...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School District...
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental shooting...
- Veterans Day 'mystery soldier' not anonymous...
- Woman killed in Eagle Mountain concrete accident
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 56
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 50
- Utah business leaders say Congress must... 47
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 30
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 28
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 24
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah... 19