Police: Hit-and-run driver carried man 75 feet before fleeing
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are searching for the driver who fled after hitting a 65-year-old man as he was crossing the street.
The man was walking near 1000 West and 1700 South when he was struck about 6:50 p.m. by a silver car, Salt Lake City Police Lt. Carl Merino said. Police believe the man was knocked up on top of the car and carried about 75 feet before he fell off and the driver fled.
The man was not in a crosswalk and was wearing dark clothing, Merino said.
The man was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition with head and neck injuries, Merino said. His name was not immediately released.
Meanwhile, Merino said police know little about the car or its driver, though the vehicle likely has damage to the windshield and hood and is missing the passenger mirror following the crash.
Anyone with information about the car is asked to call Salt Lake City police at 801-799-3000.
— McKenzie Romero
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama administration...
- 5 memorable ways to pamper your family this...
- Provo’s Bikes and Trikes Festival is...
- Cedar Hills’ Family Festival kicks off...
- Don't know what's causing your infection? Ask...
- U. study shows how huge landslide shaped Zion...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 109
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 22
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 15
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8