Woman dies after being hit by utility truck in Millcreek
Michael Radice, Deseret News
MILLCREEK — A 64-year-old woman was killed Monday night when she was hit by a utility truck.
Linda Olson, of Millcreek, was crossing 3300 South near 3000 East with another woman shortly after 6 p.m. when she was hit in the crosswalk by an eastbound Comcast utility truck, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
The woman was taken by ambulance to University Hospital but died of her injuries before she arrived, Hoyal said.
Officers shut down the eastbound lane to diagram and clean up the scene. The accident remained under investigation Monday night, Hoyal said.
— McKenzie Romero
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 20
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14