Woman dies after being hit by utility truck in Millcreek
Michael Radice, Deseret News
MILLCREEK — A 64-year-old woman was killed Monday night when she was hit by a utility truck.
Linda Olson, of Millcreek, was crossing 3300 South near 3000 East with another woman shortly after 6 p.m. when she was hit in the crosswalk by an eastbound Comcast utility truck, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
The woman was taken by ambulance to University Hospital but died of her injuries before she arrived, Hoyal said.
Officers shut down the eastbound lane to diagram and clean up the scene. The accident remained under investigation Monday night, Hoyal said.
— McKenzie Romero
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 17
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 14