Woman dies after being hit by utility truck in Millcreek
Michael Radice, Deseret News
MILLCREEK — A 64-year-old woman was killed Monday night when she was hit by a utility truck.
Linda Olson, of Millcreek, was crossing 3300 South near 3000 East with another woman shortly after 6 p.m. when she was hit in the crosswalk by an eastbound Comcast utility truck, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
The woman was taken by ambulance to University Hospital but died of her injuries before she arrived, Hoyal said.
Officers shut down the eastbound lane to diagram and clean up the scene. The accident remained under investigation Monday night, Hoyal said.
— McKenzie Romero
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12