Woman dies after being hit by utility truck in Millcreek
Michael Radice, Deseret News
MILLCREEK — A 64-year-old woman was killed Monday night when she was hit by a utility truck.
Linda Olson, of Millcreek, was crossing 3300 South near 3000 East with another woman shortly after 6 p.m. when she was hit in the crosswalk by an eastbound Comcast utility truck, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
The woman was taken by ambulance to University Hospital but died of her injuries before she arrived, Hoyal said.
Officers shut down the eastbound lane to diagram and clean up the scene. The accident remained under investigation Monday night, Hoyal said.
— McKenzie Romero
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 57
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17