Salt Lake police have big day recovering stolen cars
SALT LAKE CITY — Police had a good day rounding up stolen vehicles Sunday.
Salt Lake police recovered four stolen vehicles in three separate cases in less than 24 hours. And unlike most incidents where the cars are recovered only after they've been abandoned, Salt Lake Police Sgt. Robin Heiden said investigators on Sunday made multiple arrests.
The streak began just before 8 a.m. at a 7-Eleven near 800 South and 900 West. An officer spotted a vehicle that was listed as stolen on Nov. 3, Heiden said. Several officers were called to the scene and found the suspects inside the store. David Jr. Quintana, 24, was arrested for investigation of possession of a stolen vehicle, Cinday G. Kirstine, 41, for investigation of drug possession, and Alex M. Sorenson, 25, for investigation of public intoxication and drug possession.
Two hours later, an officer spotted a stolen vehicle in a parking lot at 537 S. 200 West, Heiden said. The officer waited until a person got into the vehicle before pulling it over. Milo Jackson, 41, was arrested for investigation of possessing a stolen vehicle, possession of burglary tools and an outstanding warrant.
Just after 1:30 a.m. Sunday, near 2100 South and 1300 East, an officer spotted two vehicles following each other. After running a check, the officer discovered both vehicles were stolen, Heiden said. Backup officers were called and both vehicles were stopped.
Ryan Duarte, 28, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of possession of a stolen vehicle and possession of drug paraphernalia. The driver of the other vehicle, a juvenile, was booked into detention for investigation of possession of a stolen vehicle.
None of the cases were believed to be related.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- 'Frozen', Utah style! Slot canyons, arches...
- Suspected DUI driver found in barn hours...
- Are you willing to pay more for your child's...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative Republicans...
- Police investigating shooting death in SLC
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- BYU makes clear there are 3 exceptions... 63
- Romney says climate change presents a... 35
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 25
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 19
- Darrien Hunt's mother pleads not guilty... 19
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 19
- Former SUU rugby player sentenced to... 18