Salt Lake police have big day recovering stolen cars
SALT LAKE CITY — Police had a good day rounding up stolen vehicles Sunday.
Salt Lake police recovered four stolen vehicles in three separate cases in less than 24 hours. And unlike most incidents where the cars are recovered only after they've been abandoned, Salt Lake Police Sgt. Robin Heiden said investigators on Sunday made multiple arrests.
The streak began just before 8 a.m. at a 7-Eleven near 800 South and 900 West. An officer spotted a vehicle that was listed as stolen on Nov. 3, Heiden said. Several officers were called to the scene and found the suspects inside the store. David Jr. Quintana, 24, was arrested for investigation of possession of a stolen vehicle, Cinday G. Kirstine, 41, for investigation of drug possession, and Alex M. Sorenson, 25, for investigation of public intoxication and drug possession.
Two hours later, an officer spotted a stolen vehicle in a parking lot at 537 S. 200 West, Heiden said. The officer waited until a person got into the vehicle before pulling it over. Milo Jackson, 41, was arrested for investigation of possessing a stolen vehicle, possession of burglary tools and an outstanding warrant.
Just after 1:30 a.m. Sunday, near 2100 South and 1300 East, an officer spotted two vehicles following each other. After running a check, the officer discovered both vehicles were stolen, Heiden said. Backup officers were called and both vehicles were stopped.
Ryan Duarte, 28, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of possession of a stolen vehicle and possession of drug paraphernalia. The driver of the other vehicle, a juvenile, was booked into detention for investigation of possession of a stolen vehicle.
None of the cases were believed to be related.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Fire rips through Draper garage during...
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Three Salt Lake City golf courses slated for...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Poll: Strong approval ratings for Gov.... 27
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15