Thatcher took 21st overall to lead the Cougars to a fourth-place team finish, their second fourth-place finish and podium appearance under head coach Ed Eyestone. Ward placed 36th in just his second race after having his senior year of eligibility reinstated.
Both runners were All-Americans in 2012, as Ward finished 14th overall and Thatcher took 34th at the NCAA Championships.
The USTFCCCA gives the distinction of All-American to the top 40 finishers of the 2013 NCAA Division I Cross-Country Championships men’s and women’s races.
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2013. Email: justinjgreen8@gmail.
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- BYU defense working hard to catch up to the...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 36
- BYU football: Jaren Hall, the son of... 15
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 14
- BYU, Nevada both struggling in pass... 13