Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — A teenage boy and a woman passenger were seriously injured Saturday night after the truck they were in collided with a northbound UTA Trax train.
Police Sgt. Trudy Cropper said the pickup was headed north on 2700 West at about 3300 South when the collision happened around 7 p.m.
Although the traffic signal was green at the intersection for thru-traffic, Cropper said the turn-light was red.
A 16-year-old boy driving the pickup attempted to make a U-turn at the red signal and apparently did not see the train, she said.
Cropper said several passengers on the train received minor injuries and were treated at the scene.
Service on the northbound route was interrupted, but was expected to be restored later Saturday evening.
Cropper said the accident remained under investigation.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: amyjoi16
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- West High basketball players work to debate...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 122
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12