Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — A teenage boy and a woman passenger were seriously injured Saturday night after the truck they were in collided with a northbound UTA Trax train.
Police Sgt. Trudy Cropper said the pickup was headed north on 2700 West at about 3300 South when the collision happened around 7 p.m.
Although the traffic signal was green at the intersection for thru-traffic, Cropper said the turn-light was red.
A 16-year-old boy driving the pickup attempted to make a U-turn at the red signal and apparently did not see the train, she said.
Cropper said several passengers on the train received minor injuries and were treated at the scene.
Service on the northbound route was interrupted, but was expected to be restored later Saturday evening.
Cropper said the accident remained under investigation.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: amyjoi16
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 32
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 11
- One-third of Utah kids risk becoming... 8