Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — A teenage boy and a woman passenger were seriously injured Saturday night after the truck they were in collided with a northbound UTA Trax train.
Police Sgt. Trudy Cropper said the pickup was headed north on 2700 West at about 3300 South when the collision happened around 7 p.m.
Although the traffic signal was green at the intersection for thru-traffic, Cropper said the turn-light was red.
A 16-year-old boy driving the pickup attempted to make a U-turn at the red signal and apparently did not see the train, she said.
Cropper said several passengers on the train received minor injuries and were treated at the scene.
Service on the northbound route was interrupted, but was expected to be restored later Saturday evening.
Cropper said the accident remained under investigation.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: amyjoi16
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Got an emergency? You can now text 911 in 3...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Report: Communication breakdowns... 10
- About Utah: Selling bikes the... 7