Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Despite the gloom and doom, here are things to be thankful for
LaVarr and Frank are again grateful that we have readers other than our mothers (and we wonder about their loyalty), but are especially thankful that politicians — despite their best efforts — remain interesting creatures who generate enough news and controversy to keep us busy every week. Republican LaVarr Webb is a political consultant and lobbyist. Previously he was policy deputy to Gov. Mike Leavitt and Deseret News managing editor. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Democrat Frank Pignanelli is a Salt Lake attorney, lobbyist and political adviser. Pignanelli served 10 years in the Utah House of Representatives, six years as minority leader. His spouse, D’Arcy Dixon Pignanelli, is a state tax commissioner. Email: email@example.com.
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Letter: A 'dying' document
- Who are the real heroes of election reform?
- Endangered Species Act lost sight of its mission
- Letter: Religious freedom
- John Florez: Education — Big government...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 67
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 53
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 31
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 29
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 28
- Michael Gerson: The GOP needs to... 22