I have been considering all I have heard — pro, con, caustic, supportive — and calmly examining the Affordable Care Act, commonly called Obamacare. I am reminded of a sage bit of advice given by a beloved WWII veteran who in my youth counseled me. I would like to offer it to all who had a part in the crafting of this monumental piece of historical legislation: "Never undertake vast projects with half-vast ideas."
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 46
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 39
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common... 31