I have been considering all I have heard — pro, con, caustic, supportive — and calmly examining the Affordable Care Act, commonly called Obamacare. I am reminded of a sage bit of advice given by a beloved WWII veteran who in my youth counseled me. I would like to offer it to all who had a part in the crafting of this monumental piece of historical legislation: "Never undertake vast projects with half-vast ideas."
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: What's behind water funding travesty
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Rely on invisible hand?
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third... 22