Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
NBC reports that Vai Sikahema — BYU alumni and former athlete, NFL star and current sports broadcaster — has been inducted into a broadcasting Hall of Fame.
Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia, an independent national broadcasting organization, recognized Sikahema Friday night for a lifetime dedicated to excellence in sports reporting.
Sikahema's career, which spans several successful positions in teams including the BYU Cougars, the St. Louis Cardinals, the Green Bay Packers and the Philadelphia Eagles, also included various periods of sports broadcasting that culminated in his current position as sports director for NBC Philadelphia.
According to NBC, Sikahema has won several awards for his broadcasting, including two Emmys for his television work, and a 2012 Deseret News President's Award for his sports column, "Vai's View."
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15