Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
NBC reports that Vai Sikahema — BYU alumni and former athlete, NFL star and current sports broadcaster — has been inducted into a broadcasting Hall of Fame.
Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia, an independent national broadcasting organization, recognized Sikahema Friday night for a lifetime dedicated to excellence in sports reporting.
Sikahema's career, which spans several successful positions in teams including the BYU Cougars, the St. Louis Cardinals, the Green Bay Packers and the Philadelphia Eagles, also included various periods of sports broadcasting that culminated in his current position as sports director for NBC Philadelphia.
According to NBC, Sikahema has won several awards for his broadcasting, including two Emmys for his television work, and a 2012 Deseret News President's Award for his sports column, "Vai's View."
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 24
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 23
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 19