Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
NBC reports that Vai Sikahema — BYU alumni and former athlete, NFL star and current sports broadcaster — has been inducted into a broadcasting Hall of Fame.
Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia, an independent national broadcasting organization, recognized Sikahema Friday night for a lifetime dedicated to excellence in sports reporting.
Sikahema's career, which spans several successful positions in teams including the BYU Cougars, the St. Louis Cardinals, the Green Bay Packers and the Philadelphia Eagles, also included various periods of sports broadcasting that culminated in his current position as sports director for NBC Philadelphia.
According to NBC, Sikahema has won several awards for his broadcasting, including two Emmys for his television work, and a 2012 Deseret News President's Award for his sports column, "Vai's View."
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8