Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
NBC reports that Vai Sikahema — BYU alumni and former athlete, NFL star and current sports broadcaster — has been inducted into a broadcasting Hall of Fame.
Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia, an independent national broadcasting organization, recognized Sikahema Friday night for a lifetime dedicated to excellence in sports reporting.
Sikahema's career, which spans several successful positions in teams including the BYU Cougars, the St. Louis Cardinals, the Green Bay Packers and the Philadelphia Eagles, also included various periods of sports broadcasting that culminated in his current position as sports director for NBC Philadelphia.
According to NBC, Sikahema has won several awards for his broadcasting, including two Emmys for his television work, and a 2012 Deseret News President's Award for his sports column, "Vai's View."
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- Bingham High students walk out over... 73
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 23
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18