Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
NBC reports that Vai Sikahema — BYU alumni and former athlete, NFL star and current sports broadcaster — has been inducted into a broadcasting Hall of Fame.
Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia, an independent national broadcasting organization, recognized Sikahema Friday night for a lifetime dedicated to excellence in sports reporting.
Sikahema's career, which spans several successful positions in teams including the BYU Cougars, the St. Louis Cardinals, the Green Bay Packers and the Philadelphia Eagles, also included various periods of sports broadcasting that culminated in his current position as sports director for NBC Philadelphia.
According to NBC, Sikahema has won several awards for his broadcasting, including two Emmys for his television work, and a 2012 Deseret News President's Award for his sports column, "Vai's View."
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 21
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18