Doing away with Utah's caucus system will not put a selection of Utah political candidates in the hands of big money interests. Just the opposite will happen. Years ago, the Utah caucuses were neighborhood events. People liked to go to these because everyone knew everyone.
Now the precincts have to be redrawn and the boundaries are all over the place. Our precinct goes north, east and west. Our neighbors are not included. Salt Lake County really did a number on us. Special interest groups have taken over. My voice is no longer noticed. I want my voice to be heard over the special interest groups and those trying to take control of things.
We need Count My Vote. Thank you to the great people who started this movement. We need our voices to be heard again.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 29
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23