Doing away with Utah's caucus system will not put a selection of Utah political candidates in the hands of big money interests. Just the opposite will happen. Years ago, the Utah caucuses were neighborhood events. People liked to go to these because everyone knew everyone.
Now the precincts have to be redrawn and the boundaries are all over the place. Our precinct goes north, east and west. Our neighbors are not included. Salt Lake County really did a number on us. Special interest groups have taken over. My voice is no longer noticed. I want my voice to be heard over the special interest groups and those trying to take control of things.
We need Count My Vote. Thank you to the great people who started this movement. We need our voices to be heard again.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37