BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall said this year’s Irish team is very similar to the squad that played in the BCS title game last year.
“Same quarterback. A physical offensive line, and tight ends. A skilled running back and receivers,” Mendenhall said. “Tough on defense. Very similar to a year ago.”
While Notre Dame lost, 28-21, at Pittsburgh two weeks ago, it has notched impressive wins this season over Michigan State, Arizona State and USC.
Last week, Notre Dame had a bye.
“I think the week off proved to be effective for us,” Kelly said. “I thought we had a great day (Monday). I thought the legs were fresh. I thought if there was any rust off the guys, we got them out there moving. Those guys that are banged up got in there and competed. We are like everybody else in college football at this point in the year. We have got guys that are just fighting through it right now.”
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- Deseret News 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Where are...
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup
- U. student government passes resolution... 104
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19