Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Members of the media received a sneak peek of the Dead Sea Scrolls: Life and Faith in Ancient Times exhibit at The Leonardo on Thursday.
Scrolls containing oldest known copies of books in the Old Testament, and more than 500 artifacts, including stone from the Western (Wailing) Wall.
Officials from the Israel Antiquities Authority and The Leonardo were present for interviews.
The exhibit opens Friday and runs through April.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 22