Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Members of the media received a sneak peek of the Dead Sea Scrolls: Life and Faith in Ancient Times exhibit at The Leonardo on Thursday.
Scrolls containing oldest known copies of books in the Old Testament, and more than 500 artifacts, including stone from the Western (Wailing) Wall.
Officials from the Israel Antiquities Authority and The Leonardo were present for interviews.
The exhibit opens Friday and runs through April.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 9