Information for parents about the film "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire."
Violence/gore: Soldiers take people away and threaten others. Soldiers attack protesters. Some rioting is shown. Soldiers shoot a man. Lethal attacks take place in the arena — poison fog, animal attacks, torture, stabbings, public flogging, threats of death and bodies. Some of the fighting is intense. Wounds are shown, including some blood. An explosion throws someone a great distance. A man vomits.
Sexuality: A woman strips in an elevator. Only her upper chest and shoulders are seen. Two people spend time in bed together often but are always clothed.
Drinking/language: There are many social situations with people drinking. One man is usually drunk. Strong language is bleeped while a girl is interviewed.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer. You can see his reviews at http://familymanmovieblog.blogspot.com/.
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: The biggest...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- A dozen children's books I could read every day
- First trailer for 'Night at the Museum:...
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 15
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- George W. Bush writes book about father 3
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested... 1
- Behind the scenes of the Utah... 1