While by no means without fault, I think that President Obama’s problems may nevertheless largely be attributed to the times. Reconciliation and unity, respect and trust of others and fairness and compassion for all are not virtues that some Americans are yet ready to fully embrace. Unfortunately, fear and hate, divisiveness and confrontation are still the standard of choice throughout much of today’s world at home and abroad.
There is little doubt that from such smallness of character of those so vehemently attacking the president much of the benefit has been lost.
- Letter: Shredded Constitution
- My view: Poor federal stewardship threatens...
- About Utah: They got exactly what they wished...
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school funds...
- Letter: Messy tax code
- My view: TPA trade agreement counts as...
- My view: $1.2 billion for nutrient removal is...
- In our opinion: Don't let 50-year-old Land...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 84
- Letter: Sovereign flag 46
- In our opinion: After court's marriage... 42
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 27
- Sistas in Zion: Reaction to racial... 18
- In our opinion: APUSH in the wrong... 18
- Letter: Nationwide health care 17
- My view: Why America exists: A Fourth... 15