While by no means without fault, I think that President Obama’s problems may nevertheless largely be attributed to the times. Reconciliation and unity, respect and trust of others and fairness and compassion for all are not virtues that some Americans are yet ready to fully embrace. Unfortunately, fear and hate, divisiveness and confrontation are still the standard of choice throughout much of today’s world at home and abroad.
There is little doubt that from such smallness of character of those so vehemently attacking the president much of the benefit has been lost.
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- In our opinion: The lesson of international...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Charles Krauthammer: The 'establishment'...
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 50
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 20
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 15
- Letter: Leave public land alone 14
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 14
- Letter: How to improve our air 12
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 12
- Jay Evensen: Drought, political insults... 10