While by no means without fault, I think that President Obama’s problems may nevertheless largely be attributed to the times. Reconciliation and unity, respect and trust of others and fairness and compassion for all are not virtues that some Americans are yet ready to fully embrace. Unfortunately, fear and hate, divisiveness and confrontation are still the standard of choice throughout much of today’s world at home and abroad.
There is little doubt that from such smallness of character of those so vehemently attacking the president much of the benefit has been lost.
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- In our opinion: Par for the president
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Gabriel Roth: Get the government out of the...
- Letter: Legalizing drugs
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 36
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 36
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32