While by no means without fault, I think that President Obama’s problems may nevertheless largely be attributed to the times. Reconciliation and unity, respect and trust of others and fairness and compassion for all are not virtues that some Americans are yet ready to fully embrace. Unfortunately, fear and hate, divisiveness and confrontation are still the standard of choice throughout much of today’s world at home and abroad.
There is little doubt that from such smallness of character of those so vehemently attacking the president much of the benefit has been lost.
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- Letter: Antelope Island prison
- Jay Evensen: In fight over school funding,...
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 77
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 70
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 31