While by no means without fault, I think that President Obama’s problems may nevertheless largely be attributed to the times. Reconciliation and unity, respect and trust of others and fairness and compassion for all are not virtues that some Americans are yet ready to fully embrace. Unfortunately, fear and hate, divisiveness and confrontation are still the standard of choice throughout much of today’s world at home and abroad.
There is little doubt that from such smallness of character of those so vehemently attacking the president much of the benefit has been lost.
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- Catherine Rampell: Have America's public...
- Drew Clark: The 'least dangerous branch' must...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 94
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- In our opinion: How committed are... 20
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- In our opinion: Now a thriving urban... 17