LDS church member dies, 2 missionaries injured in car crash in Ukraine
SALT LAKE CITY — A car accident Saturday in Ukraine killed a local LDS Church member and injured two sister missionaries.
"Maria P. Ivashchenko died from injuries she sustained in the accident," said Cody Craynor, a spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The two missionaries are serving in the Ukraine Dnepropetrovsk Mission.
"Sister Jeannette Fuhriman of California suffered multiple injuries and church leaders are working to ensure she receives the best care possible," Craynor said. "Sister Cassandra Mellor of Nevada was treated at the hospital and released. Both sister missionaries are expected to fully recover from their injuries.
"Church leaders have reached out to the families of those involved to express their love and support.”
The BYU student newspaper reported that Ivashchenko was a recent convert to the church, and that the three women were in a taxi when the driver lost control.
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is special for...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- LDS Church to release 'A Savior Is Born'...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- LDS World: How events in Paris are a reminder...
- 4 women witnesses to the Book of Mormon...
- 5 tips for digitizing photos
- Al Fox, James the Mormon discuss Thanksgiving...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 44
- Renovated LDS temple represents... 11
- 4 women witnesses to the Book of Mormon... 7
- Book review: 'Finding Peace When a... 7
- U.S. Catholic leaders approve new plan... 6
- LDS Church to release 'A Savior Is... 3
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 3
- 4 effective ways to teach your kids... 2