LDS church member dies, 2 missionaries injured in car crash in Ukraine
SALT LAKE CITY — A car accident Saturday in Ukraine killed a local LDS Church member and injured two sister missionaries.
"Maria P. Ivashchenko died from injuries she sustained in the accident," said Cody Craynor, a spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The two missionaries are serving in the Ukraine Dnepropetrovsk Mission.
"Sister Jeannette Fuhriman of California suffered multiple injuries and church leaders are working to ensure she receives the best care possible," Craynor said. "Sister Cassandra Mellor of Nevada was treated at the hospital and released. Both sister missionaries are expected to fully recover from their injuries.
"Church leaders have reached out to the families of those involved to express their love and support.”
The BYU student newspaper reported that Ivashchenko was a recent convert to the church, and that the three women were in a taxi when the driver lost control.
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- Mormon Taylor Swift look-alike draws national...
- Mormon Mentions: Adam Levine praises The...
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- After 3rd round of Hollywood Week on...
- 'Rich and fascinating': New online database...
- 'A unique insight': Jermaine Sullivan shares...
- Maintaining faith during LDS Church meeting...
- Defending the Faith: Why the question... 34
- Obama at prayer breakfast: 'Jesus is a... 22
- Obama's take on 3 key debates about... 13
- In Our Lovely Deseret: The courtship... 12
- Bernie Sanders disappoints some... 12
- Taylor Halverson: The Book of Mormon... 7
- 'A unique insight': Jermaine Sullivan... 7
- New Harmony: Reading the pope's words... 6