LDS church member dies, 2 missionaries injured in car crash in Ukraine
SALT LAKE CITY — A car accident Saturday in Ukraine killed a local LDS Church member and injured two sister missionaries.
"Maria P. Ivashchenko died from injuries she sustained in the accident," said Cody Craynor, a spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The two missionaries are serving in the Ukraine Dnepropetrovsk Mission.
"Sister Jeannette Fuhriman of California suffered multiple injuries and church leaders are working to ensure she receives the best care possible," Craynor said. "Sister Cassandra Mellor of Nevada was treated at the hospital and released. Both sister missionaries are expected to fully recover from their injuries.
"Church leaders have reached out to the families of those involved to express their love and support.”
The BYU student newspaper reported that Ivashchenko was a recent convert to the church, and that the three women were in a taxi when the driver lost control.
- LDS Church announces feature-length...
- LDS Church announces new seminary graduation...
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Mormons on social media react to Elder...
- SUU coach Ed Lamb is not a Mormon but serves...
- Elder Bednar invites Mormons to use social...
- BYU assistant football coach is also Bishop...
- How President Uchtdorf upended my apple cart
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 68
- SUU coach Ed Lamb is not a Mormon but... 38
- Elder Bednar invites Mormons to use... 37
- LDS Church announces feature-length... 35
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland posts picture... 16
- New Harmony: Mustering a mustard seed... 10
- How President Uchtdorf upended my apple... 8