SALT LAKE CITY — A car accident Saturday in Ukraine killed a local LDS Church member and injured two sister missionaries.
"Maria P. Ivashchenko died from injuries she sustained in the accident," said Cody Craynor, a spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The two missionaries are serving in the Ukraine Dnepropetrovsk Mission.
"Sister Jeannette Fuhriman of California suffered multiple injuries and church leaders are working to ensure she receives the best care possible," Craynor said. "Sister Cassandra Mellor of Nevada was treated at the hospital and released. Both sister missionaries are expected to fully recover from their injuries.
"Church leaders have reached out to the families of those involved to express their love and support.”
The BYU student newspaper reported that Ivashchenko was a recent convert to the church, and that the three women were in a taxi when the driver lost control.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Gay marriage debate is changing how Americans...
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from...
- LDS Church History Symposium presenter...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Good friends are...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 98
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 74
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 47
- When Satan steals your motherhood 41
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to... 35
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- 'Son of God' is strong on production,... 20