LDS church member dies, 2 missionaries injured in car crash in Ukraine
SALT LAKE CITY — A car accident Saturday in Ukraine killed a local LDS Church member and injured two sister missionaries.
"Maria P. Ivashchenko died from injuries she sustained in the accident," said Cody Craynor, a spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The two missionaries are serving in the Ukraine Dnepropetrovsk Mission.
"Sister Jeannette Fuhriman of California suffered multiple injuries and church leaders are working to ensure she receives the best care possible," Craynor said. "Sister Cassandra Mellor of Nevada was treated at the hospital and released. Both sister missionaries are expected to fully recover from their injuries.
"Church leaders have reached out to the families of those involved to express their love and support.”
The BYU student newspaper reported that Ivashchenko was a recent convert to the church, and that the three women were in a taxi when the driver lost control.
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- LDS Church's offical website to evolve over time
- Faith, friends and football: Stanford...
- See why this woman's decision not to bake a...
- Family motto helps LDS couple put parenting...
- See why this woman's decision not to... 35
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 30
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 29
- Defending the Faith: A tribute to... 17
- LDS mission president's wife dies 15
- Why the world needs rich Christians 13
- Religious response to postponed... 11
- Faith, friends and football: Stanford... 9