LDS church member dies, 2 missionaries injured in car crash in Ukraine
SALT LAKE CITY — A car accident Saturday in Ukraine killed a local LDS Church member and injured two sister missionaries.
"Maria P. Ivashchenko died from injuries she sustained in the accident," said Cody Craynor, a spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The two missionaries are serving in the Ukraine Dnepropetrovsk Mission.
"Sister Jeannette Fuhriman of California suffered multiple injuries and church leaders are working to ensure she receives the best care possible," Craynor said. "Sister Cassandra Mellor of Nevada was treated at the hospital and released. Both sister missionaries are expected to fully recover from their injuries.
"Church leaders have reached out to the families of those involved to express their love and support.”
The BYU student newspaper reported that Ivashchenko was a recent convert to the church, and that the three women were in a taxi when the driver lost control.
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- LDS Family Services providing free online...
- Book recounts LDS Church history using Legos
- Why I make my kids go to church
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 96
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 72
- Why I make my kids go to church 53
- LDS university president receives... 19
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 18
- K2 The Church's grand opening a... 10
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years... 7
- Activists: Islamic State group now... 5