Hank Smith' upbeat and happy demeanor is infectious, making him a popular speaker for Mormon youths. He has had several inspirational audio CDs, and now a DVD called "Hank Smith Live: Wit and Wisdom to Strengthen Youth" has been released.
Smith covers topics about public speaking, family, work and self-reliance, education, dating, sexual purity, repentance and moving forward with faith. He even talks about speaking to youth groups outside The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
As someone who has listened to most of Smith's audio CDs and seen him live at BYU Education Week, about half of the content was new to me and at one point Smith tells the audience he is sharing an experience he never has before.
The video was shot in an auditorium with Smith on stage. A slide show runs on a screen in the background and at times, the video cuts to a full shot of a slide from the presentation. Most of the footage shows Smith walking around a stage.
The DVD allows viewers to see what Smith is talking about. For example, Smith tells a hilarious story about an accident he and his date had while trying to re-enact a scene from a movie. Slides with stick figure art illustrate the story.
"Hank Smith Live" delivers the ability to see Smith's stage presence, comedic timing and ability to inspire an audience.
Ryan Morgenegg is a multimedia specialist for the Deseret News.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- BYU-Idaho students form brotherhood of...
- 14 surprising, heartwarming videos of LDS...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 135
- Religious groups react to Boy... 76
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 43
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 30
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 26
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 19
- ... 11