I’m not a glutton for punishment, really. I don’t usually make it a habit to move my family of six every year.
You may recall how last year I blissfully reported we were taking advantage of Utah’s improving economy to sell our home in Utah County and move to Salt Lake City to be mere minutes from my office. Although I loved my new commute, loved my neighbors and loved the city, I could tell from almost day one we’d made a mistake. My wife and kids were driving south for family visits and dance classes almost as often as I’d been driving north in the old days.
To make matters complicated a few weeks after our move, my wife was offered her dream job - back in Utah County, of course. It doesn’t take a math genius to understand that arithmetic, and before I knew it, I was saying goodbye to my short commute and our tree-lined neighborhood, for the friendly confines of Happy Valley. Oh the sacrifices we make!
Of course my eyes haven’t grown any smaller, and okay, I might not have been quite as motivated as before. So my home searches on websites like Realtor.com inevitably detoured into the ridiculous once again.
And so I am delighted to offer my second annual tour du Utah's 1 percent, courtesy of Realtor.com. Once again the list is heavy with Park City addresses and freckled with surrounding areas. After all, we’re Republicans in Utah and wealth always flows down hill, right?
By the way, if next year’s list has anything to do with me moving, please pray for me. Or stage an intervention.
- A solution to paying that medical bill you...
- Navy vet says the effects of this are like...
- Restaurants experimenting with pay-in-advance...
- How depression threatens financial well-being
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000 —...
- 7 benefits of taking vacation time
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but hold...
- Want to increase attraction in your...
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 15
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 10
- Food stamp use shows continued... 7
- Want to increase attraction in your... 7
- Balancing act: Readers dispute... 4
- A solution to paying that medical bill... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 4
- Middle-class shoppers more sensitive to... 1