Police identify 20-year-old Syracuse man killed in weekend crash
SYRACUSE — Police have identified the Syracuse driver killed Saturday after he crashed into a telephone pole.
Taylor Johnston, 20, was attempting to pass another car on 1700 South when he drove into oncoming traffic, swerved back into his lane, and overcorrected near 3400 West, police said.
Johnston lost control of the Dodge Neon he was driving and hit a telephone pole. He was ejected from the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said no other vehicles were involved, and speed and weather may have been factors in the accident.
— McKenzie Romero
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 14
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11