Evan Vucci, AP
In response to Richard Burt's comments ("Honest president," Nov. 15), he is correct about one thing: now is a bad time for President Obama. He is getting tremendous heat from within his own party — Democrats who are up for re-election next year are starting to distance themselves from him and his plans.
Did he intentionally lie? That's quite hard to prove, and he knows that. But remember, the best con men are the ones who draw you into their confidence. The more they smile and joke around with you, the better they draw you in. Even after you realize you've been "taken," you still find it hard to accept that they did something like that to you.
Please remember that politics are a very powerful and addictive drug. Also consider this: If Obamacare is now the law of the land, does one individual have the power to change that law? According to history, the only ones able to do things like that were dictators and kings.
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- Letter: Antelope Island prison
- Jay Evensen: In fight over school funding,...
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 77
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 70
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 31