Evan Vucci, AP
In response to Richard Burt's comments ("Honest president," Nov. 15), he is correct about one thing: now is a bad time for President Obama. He is getting tremendous heat from within his own party — Democrats who are up for re-election next year are starting to distance themselves from him and his plans.
Did he intentionally lie? That's quite hard to prove, and he knows that. But remember, the best con men are the ones who draw you into their confidence. The more they smile and joke around with you, the better they draw you in. Even after you realize you've been "taken," you still find it hard to accept that they did something like that to you.
Please remember that politics are a very powerful and addictive drug. Also consider this: If Obamacare is now the law of the land, does one individual have the power to change that law? According to history, the only ones able to do things like that were dictators and kings.
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 104
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 100
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 45
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 39
- A. Scott Anderson: Energy development... 32
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 28