Evan Vucci, AP
In response to Richard Burt's comments ("Honest president," Nov. 15), he is correct about one thing: now is a bad time for President Obama. He is getting tremendous heat from within his own party — Democrats who are up for re-election next year are starting to distance themselves from him and his plans.
Did he intentionally lie? That's quite hard to prove, and he knows that. But remember, the best con men are the ones who draw you into their confidence. The more they smile and joke around with you, the better they draw you in. Even after you realize you've been "taken," you still find it hard to accept that they did something like that to you.
Please remember that politics are a very powerful and addictive drug. Also consider this: If Obamacare is now the law of the land, does one individual have the power to change that law? According to history, the only ones able to do things like that were dictators and kings.
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 31