Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah coach Kyle Whittingham was pleased with the performances of quarterbacks Adam Schulz and Conner Manning in practice Tuesday.
The Utes are preparing to face Washington State Saturday without starter Travis Wilson, who will miss the remainder of the season after concussion tests revealed a pre-exisiting conditioning believed to be from a previous injury to an intracranial artery.
"It's tough, obviously. He was one of our team leaders, (a) team captain, but we've got to move forward," Whittingham said. "That's the only thing you can do. Adam and Conner both had good days today in practice, and so away we go."
Whittingham later said on his radio show that Wilson will accompany the team to this weekend's game in Pullman, Wash. Schulz is slated to make his second career start and Manning is ticketed to be the backup.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 102
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24