Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah coach Kyle Whittingham was pleased with the performances of quarterbacks Adam Schulz and Conner Manning in practice Tuesday.
The Utes are preparing to face Washington State Saturday without starter Travis Wilson, who will miss the remainder of the season after concussion tests revealed a pre-exisiting conditioning believed to be from a previous injury to an intracranial artery.
"It's tough, obviously. He was one of our team leaders, (a) team captain, but we've got to move forward," Whittingham said. "That's the only thing you can do. Adam and Conner both had good days today in practice, and so away we go."
Whittingham later said on his radio show that Wilson will accompany the team to this weekend's game in Pullman, Wash. Schulz is slated to make his second career start and Manning is ticketed to be the backup.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19