Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah coach Kyle Whittingham was pleased with the performances of quarterbacks Adam Schulz and Conner Manning in practice Tuesday.
The Utes are preparing to face Washington State Saturday without starter Travis Wilson, who will miss the remainder of the season after concussion tests revealed a pre-exisiting conditioning believed to be from a previous injury to an intracranial artery.
"It's tough, obviously. He was one of our team leaders, (a) team captain, but we've got to move forward," Whittingham said. "That's the only thing you can do. Adam and Conner both had good days today in practice, and so away we go."
Whittingham later said on his radio show that Wilson will accompany the team to this weekend's game in Pullman, Wash. Schulz is slated to make his second career start and Manning is ticketed to be the backup.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 51
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 43
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 11
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8