Editor's note: This is one of several recent adventure novels by local authors for middle grade readers.
The year is 1863 and Confederate soldiers plunder and burn as they move across Indiana and Ohio. Near Jackson County, Ohio, Brig. Gen. John Hunt Morgan and his troops camp on the Dunbar farm where the family, sick with diphtheria, pray for their lives.
Nine-year-old Cordelia "Dill" Dunbar, who is caring for her brother’s horse and the farm as best she can, bargains with Morgan. She will cook breakfast for the enemy troops if the farm is left intact.
This is a fictionalized account of local author's Lisa Trimble Actor’s ancestors who survived the Confederate raids on Jackson County.
Actor’s colorful dialogue and the action-packed adventure make this a meaningful historical event.
- 'Bachelorette' contestant, BYU graduate dies...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Heber Valley Historic Railroad Authority...
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war shrine...
- Neon Trees' new album 'Pop Psychology'...
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer restaurant in...
- Mayor wants Hale Center Theatre in South Jordan
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering...
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering... 8
- Film about man's crusade against child... 7
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer... 2
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war... 2
- Salt Lake Comic Con balloon artist... 2
- Memory Lane: Traveling through time on... 1
- Birthday Bard: A look at William... 1
- S.L. father-son team gets U-Turned,... 1