Week 12 college football bowl projections: Where could your favorite local team be headed this season?
, Jaren Wilkey/BYU
Week 12 of the college football season has come and gone while producing upsets across the country. With only a couple of weeks left in the season, it's make or break time for teams, if they want to land a bowl game.
In-state teams BYU (7-3) and Utah State (6-4) are bowl eligible by winning the required six games. BYU has already accepted an invitation to play in the Fight Hunger Bowl against a yet-to-be-determined Pac-12 team on Dec. 27, in San Francisco.
According to the national media, BYU's opponent is still up in the air. While many believe BYU will play the Washington Huskies, many things could change. Any of those changes could send USC, Oregon State or Arizona the Cougars' way.
While Utah State is bowl eligible, the Aggies are still unsure where they will be playing in December. Many national pundits have different views on who and where the Aggies will be playing. The two most likely places seem to be Hawaii or San Diego.
Utah (4-6) faces a tough test if it wants to become bowl eligible. The Utes will have to win their remaining two games against fellow Pac-12 teams Colorado and Washington State. Although it will be tough, at least one national prognosticator still believes the Utes will be bowling this year.
I am a recent graduate and hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications with an emphasis in Journalism and Sports Communication. Twitter: Justingiles22 Email: email@example.com
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37