Week 12 college football bowl projections: Where could your favorite local team be headed this season?
, Jaren Wilkey/BYU
Week 12 of the college football season has come and gone while producing upsets across the country. With only a couple of weeks left in the season, it's make or break time for teams, if they want to land a bowl game.
In-state teams BYU (7-3) and Utah State (6-4) are bowl eligible by winning the required six games. BYU has already accepted an invitation to play in the Fight Hunger Bowl against a yet-to-be-determined Pac-12 team on Dec. 27, in San Francisco.
According to the national media, BYU's opponent is still up in the air. While many believe BYU will play the Washington Huskies, many things could change. Any of those changes could send USC, Oregon State or Arizona the Cougars' way.
While Utah State is bowl eligible, the Aggies are still unsure where they will be playing in December. Many national pundits have different views on who and where the Aggies will be playing. The two most likely places seem to be Hawaii or San Diego.
Utah (4-6) faces a tough test if it wants to become bowl eligible. The Utes will have to win their remaining two games against fellow Pac-12 teams Colorado and Washington State. Although it will be tough, at least one national prognosticator still believes the Utes will be bowling this year.
I am a recent graduate and hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications with an emphasis in Journalism and Sports Communication. Twitter: Justingiles22 Email: email@example.com
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32