Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Transportation is currently in the design phase for improvements at Bangerter Highway and Redwood Road, and the agency is seeking public input.
The project will include a grade-separated interchange similar to the interchange of 7800 South and Bangerter Highway.
As the community surrounding the interchange continues to grow, the improvements are part of a long-range plan that will accommodate immediate and long-term traffic demands and increase mobility.
The grade-separated interchange also will improve safety for those commuting through the area by reducing conflict points. Construction will begin in spring 2014, with details of the schedule yet to be determined.
Members of the project team are currently near Bangerter and Redwood Road evaluating current traffic, utility and drainage conditions.
UDOT invites the public to attend an informational open house on Wednesday, Nov. 20, from 5-7 p.m. at the Bluffdale City Council Chambers. UDOT will explain anticipated impacts and also give the public a platform to provide feedback. A brief formal presentation will begin at 5:30 p.m. and written and verbal comments can be made following the presentation and throughout the meeting.
UDOT welcomes comments until Nov. 30. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to fill out a formal comment, receive more information and plan ahead for the project.
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Honeyville man, 39, identified as avalanche...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 55
- National, local businesses file briefs... 53
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 26
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 23
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 19