PROVO — The Provo School Board will interview six applicants to fill a vacancy next month.
With the announced resignation of District 3 board member Vance Checketts, applications were received from Tyson Bell, James Blair, J. Blair Giles, Daniel Ray Harper, McKay Jensen and Jim Kendall.
The interviews will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 4, at the district office in the Professional Development Center, 280 W. 940 North. Interviews will be conducted by the board from 3 to 5:30 p.m. The interviews are open to the public.
Following the interviews, the board will go into deliberations. The announcement of the selected new board member will likely take place later that evening when the board reconvenes at 6:30.
If the board needs more time, the announcement would take place at the beginning of the regularly-scheduled business meeting on Dec. 10 at 7 p.m.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- Police say unlicensed massage therapist...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 33
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 15