PROVO — The Provo School Board will interview six applicants to fill a vacancy next month.
With the announced resignation of District 3 board member Vance Checketts, applications were received from Tyson Bell, James Blair, J. Blair Giles, Daniel Ray Harper, McKay Jensen and Jim Kendall.
The interviews will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 4, at the district office in the Professional Development Center, 280 W. 940 North. Interviews will be conducted by the board from 3 to 5:30 p.m. The interviews are open to the public.
Following the interviews, the board will go into deliberations. The announcement of the selected new board member will likely take place later that evening when the board reconvenes at 6:30.
If the board needs more time, the announcement would take place at the beginning of the regularly-scheduled business meeting on Dec. 10 at 7 p.m.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 20
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14