PROVO — The Provo School Board will interview six applicants to fill a vacancy next month.
With the announced resignation of District 3 board member Vance Checketts, applications were received from Tyson Bell, James Blair, J. Blair Giles, Daniel Ray Harper, McKay Jensen and Jim Kendall.
The interviews will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 4, at the district office in the Professional Development Center, 280 W. 940 North. Interviews will be conducted by the board from 3 to 5:30 p.m. The interviews are open to the public.
Following the interviews, the board will go into deliberations. The announcement of the selected new board member will likely take place later that evening when the board reconvenes at 6:30.
If the board needs more time, the announcement would take place at the beginning of the regularly-scheduled business meeting on Dec. 10 at 7 p.m.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 48
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 43
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 32
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20