PROVO — The Provo School Board will interview six applicants to fill a vacancy next month.
With the announced resignation of District 3 board member Vance Checketts, applications were received from Tyson Bell, James Blair, J. Blair Giles, Daniel Ray Harper, McKay Jensen and Jim Kendall.
The interviews will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 4, at the district office in the Professional Development Center, 280 W. 940 North. Interviews will be conducted by the board from 3 to 5:30 p.m. The interviews are open to the public.
Following the interviews, the board will go into deliberations. The announcement of the selected new board member will likely take place later that evening when the board reconvenes at 6:30.
If the board needs more time, the announcement would take place at the beginning of the regularly-scheduled business meeting on Dec. 10 at 7 p.m.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Utah bus drivers put safety to the test
- Firefighter, 3 others injured in apartment blaze
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 28
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 26
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12