PROVO — The Provo School Board will interview six applicants to fill a vacancy next month.
With the announced resignation of District 3 board member Vance Checketts, applications were received from Tyson Bell, James Blair, J. Blair Giles, Daniel Ray Harper, McKay Jensen and Jim Kendall.
The interviews will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 4, at the district office in the Professional Development Center, 280 W. 940 North. Interviews will be conducted by the board from 3 to 5:30 p.m. The interviews are open to the public.
Following the interviews, the board will go into deliberations. The announcement of the selected new board member will likely take place later that evening when the board reconvenes at 6:30.
If the board needs more time, the announcement would take place at the beginning of the regularly-scheduled business meeting on Dec. 10 at 7 p.m.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 21
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13