NEW ORLEANS — BYU’s Jared Ward, Tylor Thatcher and Jason Witt were named All-Region honorees in Division I on Monday by the U.S. Track and Field and Cross-Country Coaches Association following the weekend’s NCAA regional championship meets.
A total of 450 student-athletes earned the distinction by finishing among the top 25 individual finishers at one of the nine regional sites across the country.
Ward took fourth overall in his first race since having his fourth year of eligibility reinstated. Thatcher and Witt finished in 18th and 19th place, respectively, leading No. 5 BYU to a fourth-place finish.
After receiving an at-large bid, the Cougars will travel to Terre Haute, Ind., to compete in the NCAA Championships on Saturday, Nov. 23. The men’s race will begin at noon EST and will be streamed live by the NCAA.
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2013. Email: justinjgreen8@gmail.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- Twitter reacts to Big 12 expansion developments
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down Big 12...
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- College football countdown No. 43: BYU...
- Athlete's tribute: 'Show me a legend and...
- BYU volleyball: 10 Cougars named to WCC...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 78
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 64
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Annual instate college basketball... 37
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 32