GUNNISON, Sanpete County — A woman is dead and a man is in extremely critical condition following a head-on collision on U.S. 89 Monday morning.
Kay Marie Matthews, 42, was headed north on U.S. 89 about 7 a.m. when she struck a dead deer lying in the road about 5 miles east of Gunnison, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
Matthews lost control of the Pontiac Grand Prix she was driving, crossed into northbound traffic and collided with a Toyota pickup.
She was transported to Gunnison Valley Hospital, where she died of her injuries.
The driver of the Toyota, 19-year-old Brady Kyle Simons, was hospitalized in extremely critical condition, the UHP reported.
— McKenzie Romero
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 35
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 31
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20