GUNNISON, Sanpete County — A woman is dead and a man is in extremely critical condition following a head-on collision on U.S. 89 Monday morning.
Kay Marie Matthews, 42, was headed north on U.S. 89 about 7 a.m. when she struck a dead deer lying in the road about 5 miles east of Gunnison, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
Matthews lost control of the Pontiac Grand Prix she was driving, crossed into northbound traffic and collided with a Toyota pickup.
She was transported to Gunnison Valley Hospital, where she died of her injuries.
The driver of the Toyota, 19-year-old Brady Kyle Simons, was hospitalized in extremely critical condition, the UHP reported.
— McKenzie Romero
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 35
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Government regulation has become like... 24
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 23
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22