GUNNISON, Sanpete County — A woman is dead and a man is in extremely critical condition following a head-on collision on U.S. 89 Monday morning.
Kay Marie Matthews, 42, was headed north on U.S. 89 about 7 a.m. when she struck a dead deer lying in the road about 5 miles east of Gunnison, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
Matthews lost control of the Pontiac Grand Prix she was driving, crossed into northbound traffic and collided with a Toyota pickup.
She was transported to Gunnison Valley Hospital, where she died of her injuries.
The driver of the Toyota, 19-year-old Brady Kyle Simons, was hospitalized in extremely critical condition, the UHP reported.
— McKenzie Romero
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14