Kyle Whittingham: Utes 'just have to keep swinging' despite struggles that are piling up
KW: The decision was made by Thursday. Typically if you can't practice by Thursday we don't play you, at least only in an emergency role. With Siaosi Aiono unavailable on Thursday's practice and still limping around, the decision was made at that time to put Isaac in the lineup. I though Isaac responded very well. He played solid football, and you will see him the rest of the way, whether it's a starter or in a rotation capacity, but he's going to continue to play. Hopefully we get Siaosi back this week. He's still a little hobbled, but we'll find out tomorrow where he stands.
Reporter: What do you do spirit-wise for the team with the four-game skid and losing Travis Wilson?
KW: Have a séance and do some things like that (laughs). You just have to keep swinging, we've been playing quality teams. The level of play in this conference is very high. From year one, to year two and three it's gotton better and better as a conference and I don't think anyone will dispute that. It's a challenge and we just got to get ready and come back. As bad as we feel right now and as the toughest stretch that it has been, we've got two games left and if we're somehow able to get two wins then we're in a bowl game potentially. That is the main objective right now, is to get those seniors to a bowl game.
Justin Giles has a bachelor's degree in communications with an emphasis in journalism and sports communication. Twitter: Justingiles22 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 23