Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: 'Kenntnis' knowledge, Dumbledore's charge and seeking heaven's help
So amazing, in fact, I decided to deliver naturally again for baby No. 3.
I still have a pile of books on my nightstand, but nowadays they are not of the variety of what to do to get the baby here, but what to do after the baby arrives. The tricky part about parenting is, no matter how much I learn about love and logic solutions, spiritual solutions, parenting breakthroughs, taking mindful minutes, the big vaccine debate, how to talk so my children will listen, calling Supernanny to the rescue and letting my boys be boys, each child that comes is a little different from the next, and I feel like I’m back to square one.
Luckily, all that wissenschaft knowledge paired now with five years kenntnis knowledge has helped me figure a few things out.
The best piece of advice I can give anyone seeking true “knowledge” of their own is to add one more element to the triangle of study and experience: and that is heavenly help. Sometimes, even after reading my eyes sore and working my heart out living and breathing motherhood, falling to my knees and receiving guidance from my Heavenly Father is the final missing piece that helps me figure out my own life’s puzzles.
For those interested in how I’m obtaining some of my wissenschaft knowledge on parenting, here is a (short) list of ones that currently occupy my nightstand:
“Boys Adrift,” by Leonard Sax, M.D., Ph.D.
“Parenting with Love and Logic,” by Foster Cline, M.D., and Jim Fay
“The Parenting Breakthrough,” by Merrilee Browne Boyack
“How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk,” by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
“The Baby Sleep Book,” by William Sears, M.D., Robert Sears, M.D., James Sears, M.D., and Martha Sears, R.N.
“5 Spiritual Solutions for Everyday Parenting Challenges,” by Richard and Linda Eyre
“10 Mindful Minutes,” by Goldie Hawn
Carmen Rasmusen Herbert is a former "American Idol" contestant who writes about entertainment and family for the Deseret News.
- LDS leaders announce new teaching manual,...
- Would BYU honor code be better with an...
- LDS leader speaks to young adults about...
- Elder and Sister Renlund speak during BYU...
- Why pray? Different faiths are united over...
- Music and the Spoken Word: The time to prepare
- Sister Linda K. Burton speaks at BYU Women's...
- One year ago, founding member of SEAL Team...
- Would BYU honor code be better with an... 94
- LDS leader speaks to young adults about... 38
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 33
- LDS leaders announce new teaching... 30
- Why pray? Different faiths are united... 14
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to... 12
- The positive role religion plays in... 8
- LDS Church member appointed to US... 6