Westminster volleyball: Griffins fall to Northern in semi-finals
GREAT FALLS, Mont. – The fourth-seeded Westminster College women’s volleyball team saw its season come to an end with a 3-0 loss against top-seeded and 24th-ranked Montana State-Northern on Saturday afternoon in the semi-finals of the Frontier Conference Tournament.
Westminster finishes the season at 17-14 overall with the (19-25, 18-25, 19-25) loss. MSU-Northern improves to 26-5 on the season with the victory.
The Griffins couldn’t slow the high-powered attack of Northern as they only posted 31 kills, while allowing the top seed to finish with 44 kills. Northern hit .212 in the match and limited the Griffins to .089 hitting. Westminster had 48 digs and eight blocks in defeat.
Alexis Aalona led the Griffins with 10 kills and a .206 hitting efficiency. She also picked up 12 digs and had one block. Jovana Sisovic contributed eight kills and five blocks in her final collegiate match. Emily Atkinson recorded 28 assists, while Kyndall Kordakis had 17 digs.
Abby Nicholas led Northern with 16 kills with Erin Jensen getting 10 kills and hitting .400. The Sky Lights had 66 digs as a team with four players in double figures.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28