Matt Gade, Deseret News
DRAPER — Construction continues on the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium at its new location in Draper.
The aquarium gave media members a first-look tour at the new location on Friday.
The Draper location broke ground Oct. 24, 2012, and is scheduled to open the last week of December.
Some highlights of the tour were: The two-story Journey to South America exhibit, the slot canyon that will feature species unique to Utah, including the now indoor/outdoor River Otter exhibit. Media also saw how the touch pools are created and got an update on the 300,000-gallon shark tank.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9