Matt Gade, Deseret News
DRAPER — Construction continues on the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium at its new location in Draper.
The aquarium gave media members a first-look tour at the new location on Friday.
The Draper location broke ground Oct. 24, 2012, and is scheduled to open the last week of December.
Some highlights of the tour were: The two-story Journey to South America exhibit, the slot canyon that will feature species unique to Utah, including the now indoor/outdoor River Otter exhibit. Media also saw how the touch pools are created and got an update on the 300,000-gallon shark tank.
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 80
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12