Matt Gade, Deseret News
DRAPER — Construction continues on the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium at its new location in Draper.
The aquarium gave media members a first-look tour at the new location on Friday.
The Draper location broke ground Oct. 24, 2012, and is scheduled to open the last week of December.
Some highlights of the tour were: The two-story Journey to South America exhibit, the slot canyon that will feature species unique to Utah, including the now indoor/outdoor River Otter exhibit. Media also saw how the touch pools are created and got an update on the 300,000-gallon shark tank.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11