Utah football: Murphy makes trip; Wilson, Norris and York do not
Andrew J. Allred, Deseret News
EUGENE, Ore. — Utah tight end Jake Murphy, who has not played since breaking his wrist in the 34-27 loss to UCLA on Oct. 3, made the trip to Oregon for Saturday’s game against the sixth-ranked Ducks.
Starting quarterback Travis Wilson, however, did not. The sophomore remained in Salt Lake City because of a concussion. Backup Adam Schulz is expected get his first career start in Wilson’s place.
Linebacker Jared Norris and running back Jared Norris did not make the trip because of undisclosed injuries.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21