Utah football: Murphy makes trip; Wilson, Norris and York do not
Andrew J. Allred, Deseret News
EUGENE, Ore. — Utah tight end Jake Murphy, who has not played since breaking his wrist in the 34-27 loss to UCLA on Oct. 3, made the trip to Oregon for Saturday’s game against the sixth-ranked Ducks.
Starting quarterback Travis Wilson, however, did not. The sophomore remained in Salt Lake City because of a concussion. Backup Adam Schulz is expected get his first career start in Wilson’s place.
Linebacker Jared Norris and running back Jared Norris did not make the trip because of undisclosed injuries.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34