Utah football: Murphy makes trip; Wilson, Norris and York do not
Andrew J. Allred, Deseret News
EUGENE, Ore. — Utah tight end Jake Murphy, who has not played since breaking his wrist in the 34-27 loss to UCLA on Oct. 3, made the trip to Oregon for Saturday’s game against the sixth-ranked Ducks.
Starting quarterback Travis Wilson, however, did not. The sophomore remained in Salt Lake City because of a concussion. Backup Adam Schulz is expected get his first career start in Wilson’s place.
Linebacker Jared Norris and running back Jared Norris did not make the trip because of undisclosed injuries.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25