Nearly 15 percent - or 50 million individuals - of Americans suffer from food insecurity. That's according to information gathered into this infographic from Face the Facts USA. According to Face the Facts USA, food insecurity means, "That means they skipped meals, cut back on the quality and quantity of food, or relied on emergency sources."
Other facts and statistics are displayed in the graphic, including the fact that 31 million children benefit from reduced-price or free school lunches.
Visit FaceTheFactsUSA.org for more info.
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 64
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 50
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- My view: What message does Melania's... 38
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30