Nearly 15 percent - or 50 million individuals - of Americans suffer from food insecurity. That's according to information gathered into this infographic from Face the Facts USA. According to Face the Facts USA, food insecurity means, "That means they skipped meals, cut back on the quality and quantity of food, or relied on emergency sources."
Other facts and statistics are displayed in the graphic, including the fact that 31 million children benefit from reduced-price or free school lunches.
Visit FaceTheFactsUSA.org for more info.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29