Nearly 15 percent - or 50 million individuals - of Americans suffer from food insecurity. That's according to information gathered into this infographic from Face the Facts USA. According to Face the Facts USA, food insecurity means, "That means they skipped meals, cut back on the quality and quantity of food, or relied on emergency sources."
Other facts and statistics are displayed in the graphic, including the fact that 31 million children benefit from reduced-price or free school lunches.
Visit FaceTheFactsUSA.org for more info.
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Letter: Monolingual minorities
- Dan Liljenquist: Being good for goodness sake
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 32
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 30