Nearly 15 percent - or 50 million individuals - of Americans suffer from food insecurity. That's according to information gathered into this infographic from Face the Facts USA. According to Face the Facts USA, food insecurity means, "That means they skipped meals, cut back on the quality and quantity of food, or relied on emergency sources."
Other facts and statistics are displayed in the graphic, including the fact that 31 million children benefit from reduced-price or free school lunches.
Visit FaceTheFactsUSA.org for more info.
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: Par for the president
- Get the names right — or suffer...
- Letter: Our great nation?
- Americans are changing their tune on foreign...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Attention diverted
- Why religious organizations should be...
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 44
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 35
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Letter: Society puzzles 32