Nearly 15 percent - or 50 million individuals - of Americans suffer from food insecurity. That's according to information gathered into this infographic from Face the Facts USA. According to Face the Facts USA, food insecurity means, "That means they skipped meals, cut back on the quality and quantity of food, or relied on emergency sources."
Other facts and statistics are displayed in the graphic, including the fact that 31 million children benefit from reduced-price or free school lunches.
Visit FaceTheFactsUSA.org for more info.
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Endangered Species Act lost sight of its mission
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- My view: History lesson: 'Taking back'...
- Who are the real heroes of election reform?
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 66
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 50
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 27
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 27