SALT LAKE CITY — Sanpete County Commissioner Jon Cox will fill a vacant seat in the Utah House of Representatives.
Gov. Gary Herbert appointed Cox in House District 58 on Friday to replace Spencer Cox, who now serves as lieutenant governor. Jon Cox, a Republican, beat out two others in a vote among GOP delegates in the district last week.
“It’s an honor to serve the residents of Sanpete and Juab counties in the Legislature,” Cox said. “I look forward to working with my colleagues on the issues that are critical to rural Utah.”
A former constituent liaison for Sen. Bob Bennett and current assistant professor of history at Snow College, Cox lives in Ephraim. Jon Cox and Spencer Cox are fourth cousins.
— Dennis Romboy
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16