SALT LAKE CITY — Sanpete County Commissioner Jon Cox will fill a vacant seat in the Utah House of Representatives.
Gov. Gary Herbert appointed Cox in House District 58 on Friday to replace Spencer Cox, who now serves as lieutenant governor. Jon Cox, a Republican, beat out two others in a vote among GOP delegates in the district last week.
“It’s an honor to serve the residents of Sanpete and Juab counties in the Legislature,” Cox said. “I look forward to working with my colleagues on the issues that are critical to rural Utah.”
A former constituent liaison for Sen. Bob Bennett and current assistant professor of history at Snow College, Cox lives in Ephraim. Jon Cox and Spencer Cox are fourth cousins.
— Dennis Romboy
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23