SALT LAKE CITY — Sanpete County Commissioner Jon Cox will fill a vacant seat in the Utah House of Representatives.
Gov. Gary Herbert appointed Cox in House District 58 on Friday to replace Spencer Cox, who now serves as lieutenant governor. Jon Cox, a Republican, beat out two others in a vote among GOP delegates in the district last week.
“It’s an honor to serve the residents of Sanpete and Juab counties in the Legislature,” Cox said. “I look forward to working with my colleagues on the issues that are critical to rural Utah.”
A former constituent liaison for Sen. Bob Bennett and current assistant professor of history at Snow College, Cox lives in Ephraim. Jon Cox and Spencer Cox are fourth cousins.
— Dennis Romboy
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Deseret News Classic: Marathon, half...
- Levan wildfire burns 'well over 1,000' acres...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 14
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 12