SALT LAKE CITY — Sanpete County Commissioner Jon Cox will fill a vacant seat in the Utah House of Representatives.
Gov. Gary Herbert appointed Cox in House District 58 on Friday to replace Spencer Cox, who now serves as lieutenant governor. Jon Cox, a Republican, beat out two others in a vote among GOP delegates in the district last week.
“It’s an honor to serve the residents of Sanpete and Juab counties in the Legislature,” Cox said. “I look forward to working with my colleagues on the issues that are critical to rural Utah.”
A former constituent liaison for Sen. Bob Bennett and current assistant professor of history at Snow College, Cox lives in Ephraim. Jon Cox and Spencer Cox are fourth cousins.
— Dennis Romboy
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- 2 corrections officials resign in wake of...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11