SALT LAKE CITY — Sanpete County Commissioner Jon Cox will fill a vacant seat in the Utah House of Representatives.
Gov. Gary Herbert appointed Cox in House District 58 on Friday to replace Spencer Cox, who now serves as lieutenant governor. Jon Cox, a Republican, beat out two others in a vote among GOP delegates in the district last week.
“It’s an honor to serve the residents of Sanpete and Juab counties in the Legislature,” Cox said. “I look forward to working with my colleagues on the issues that are critical to rural Utah.”
A former constituent liaison for Sen. Bob Bennett and current assistant professor of history at Snow College, Cox lives in Ephraim. Jon Cox and Spencer Cox are fourth cousins.
— Dennis Romboy
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 295
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 132
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 103
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 74
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35