SALT LAKE CITY — Sanpete County Commissioner Jon Cox will fill a vacant seat in the Utah House of Representatives.
Gov. Gary Herbert appointed Cox in House District 58 on Friday to replace Spencer Cox, who now serves as lieutenant governor. Jon Cox, a Republican, beat out two others in a vote among GOP delegates in the district last week.
“It’s an honor to serve the residents of Sanpete and Juab counties in the Legislature,” Cox said. “I look forward to working with my colleagues on the issues that are critical to rural Utah.”
A former constituent liaison for Sen. Bob Bennett and current assistant professor of history at Snow College, Cox lives in Ephraim. Jon Cox and Spencer Cox are fourth cousins.
— Dennis Romboy
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 69
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 13