Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A mix of policymakers, businesses and individuals were honored by Utah Clean Energy in its first awards ceremony recognizing landmark contributions to advancing clean energy solutions both in Utah and the West.
The Wednesday event was held at the Zions Bank Founders Room was the fourth annual networking event that draws on a mix of attendees, including renewable energy and energy efficiency businesses, utilities, local and national businesses and state government offices.
“Utah Clean Energy is often referred to as the ‘nexus’ of all things clean energy, so this event brings together a little bit of everyone," said Utah Clean Energy Executive Director Sarah Wright. "The common theme of the night was partnership."
Awards and recipients were:
Sen. Kevin T. Van Tassell, R-Vernal, “Legislative Leadership." Van Tassell was recognized for his legislative leadership on net metering, a residential energy efficiency, and innovative clean energy financing policies.
Jared and Mindy Campbell, "Energizing Visionaries." The award recognizes efforts to raise public awareness for residential solar energy, energy efficiency and electric vehicles.
Garbett Homes, “Clean Energy Pioneer." The award recognizes efforts to meet and exceed industry best practices in building science and energy efficiency, and for accelerating Utah’s transition to the clean energy economy.
Ken Schreiner, “Sustaining Storyteller." The award recognizes advocacy for clean energy initiatives, and for contributions to Utah Clean Energy’s outreach and education efforts.
Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker was dubbed “Climate Champion” for his pragmatic approach to remove barriers to community-wide adoption of clean energy and for his leadership in promoting livability and climate resilience in Utah’s capital city.
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- 'Our lives have been better for having her,'...
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as national...
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage...
- Landslide remediation plans emerge amid...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- American Fork High School Marching Band ready...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 68
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 50
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 34
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 32
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 22
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 20