Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A mix of policymakers, businesses and individuals were honored by Utah Clean Energy in its first awards ceremony recognizing landmark contributions to advancing clean energy solutions both in Utah and the West.
The Wednesday event was held at the Zions Bank Founders Room was the fourth annual networking event that draws on a mix of attendees, including renewable energy and energy efficiency businesses, utilities, local and national businesses and state government offices.
“Utah Clean Energy is often referred to as the ‘nexus’ of all things clean energy, so this event brings together a little bit of everyone," said Utah Clean Energy Executive Director Sarah Wright. "The common theme of the night was partnership."
Awards and recipients were:
Sen. Kevin T. Van Tassell, R-Vernal, “Legislative Leadership." Van Tassell was recognized for his legislative leadership on net metering, a residential energy efficiency, and innovative clean energy financing policies.
Jared and Mindy Campbell, "Energizing Visionaries." The award recognizes efforts to raise public awareness for residential solar energy, energy efficiency and electric vehicles.
Garbett Homes, “Clean Energy Pioneer." The award recognizes efforts to meet and exceed industry best practices in building science and energy efficiency, and for accelerating Utah’s transition to the clean energy economy.
Ken Schreiner, “Sustaining Storyteller." The award recognizes advocacy for clean energy initiatives, and for contributions to Utah Clean Energy’s outreach and education efforts.
Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker was dubbed “Climate Champion” for his pragmatic approach to remove barriers to community-wide adoption of clean energy and for his leadership in promoting livability and climate resilience in Utah’s capital city.
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 38
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Cheerleaders for Medicaid expansion ask... 9