Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A mix of policymakers, businesses and individuals were honored by Utah Clean Energy in its first awards ceremony recognizing landmark contributions to advancing clean energy solutions both in Utah and the West.
The Wednesday event was held at the Zions Bank Founders Room was the fourth annual networking event that draws on a mix of attendees, including renewable energy and energy efficiency businesses, utilities, local and national businesses and state government offices.
“Utah Clean Energy is often referred to as the ‘nexus’ of all things clean energy, so this event brings together a little bit of everyone," said Utah Clean Energy Executive Director Sarah Wright. "The common theme of the night was partnership."
Awards and recipients were:
Sen. Kevin T. Van Tassell, R-Vernal, “Legislative Leadership." Van Tassell was recognized for his legislative leadership on net metering, a residential energy efficiency, and innovative clean energy financing policies.
Jared and Mindy Campbell, "Energizing Visionaries." The award recognizes efforts to raise public awareness for residential solar energy, energy efficiency and electric vehicles.
Garbett Homes, “Clean Energy Pioneer." The award recognizes efforts to meet and exceed industry best practices in building science and energy efficiency, and for accelerating Utah’s transition to the clean energy economy.
Ken Schreiner, “Sustaining Storyteller." The award recognizes advocacy for clean energy initiatives, and for contributions to Utah Clean Energy’s outreach and education efforts.
Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker was dubbed “Climate Champion” for his pragmatic approach to remove barriers to community-wide adoption of clean energy and for his leadership in promoting livability and climate resilience in Utah’s capital city.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UDOT to begin adding lanes to I-15 in...
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 42
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 40
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 14
- Sanders to address Utah delegation to... 14
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 13
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9