BYU-Hawaii basketball: Box Elder standout Shad Watson signs with BYU-Hawaii
LAIE, Hawaii – BYU-Hawaii men's basketball announced high school senior Shad Watson has signed a National Letter of Intent to play hoops for the Seasiders.
Watson, a 6-foot-2 guard from Brigham City, Utah, will join BYU-Hawaii out of Box Elder High School. A First Team All-State performer, Watson is the all-time leading scorer at the school with 1,260 points with his senior year still left to play. He also served team captain.
A talented scorer, Watson averaged 23.4 points per game and led 4A competition with 74 made 3-pointers as a junior. He also posted seven 30-point games. During his sophomore season, he averaged 20.5 ppg and recorded five 30-point contests.
The signee played AAU ball for the Adidas Dream Vision team for four years. The team has been ranked in the top 10 nationally each year, and Watson's teammates included the current No. 2 ESPN 2015 recruit in the nation, Stephen Zimmerman, and Shabazz Muhammad, No. 14 overall NBA Draft pick and currently playing for the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Watson also played with Utah Pump 'N' Run, West Elite and Salt Lake Prospects, and he has won multiple AAU state championships and multi-national tournaments.
In addition to his First Team selection, Watson is a two-time Second Team All-State honoree, two-time First Team All-Area and a two-time First Team All-Region in basketball and football.
Standing out on the football field as well, Watson is a four-year starter on the gridiron and posted 38 touchdowns including 22 passing, 14 rushing and two receiving. He played on both sides of the ball and was a two-time team captain.
Kenny is a BYU graduate, currently working as Sports Information Director at BYU-Hawaii. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- LDS faith helps keep things in perspective...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- With Kyle Collinsworth out, BYU rebounds and...
- Former BYU tight end Chad Lewis says family...
- BYU senior Tyler Haws poised to surpass Danny...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24
- Peavler: BYU's recent basketball... 19
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies... 19
- BYU holds on for 78-74 win over San... 17