Jordan School District
SANDY — Artist renderings of the new Mount Jordan Middle School have been made available for public view.
The renderings were created by MHTN Architects, the architectural firm selected by the Canyons Board of Education to design the school following a bid process. Hogan and Associates Construction will oversee the building's construction.
Colors and other finishing details remain in the works,
The new school is made possible by a $250 million bond approved by voters in 2010. It will have a state-of-the-art auditorium; a 180-seat lecture hall; hallways and classrooms filled with natural light; an expanded cafeteria and spacious commons area; a gymnasium with two full courts, 14 basketball hoops, large locker rooms, fitness rooms dedicated to dance and strength training, and an elevated indoor running track with a special surface for running; and a performing arts suite for choir and band practices.
Students and staff temporarily have relocated to the former Crescent View Middle School, 11150 S. 300 East, while their new school is under construction. The new school is scheduled to open in fall 2015.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 79
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12