Jordan School District
SANDY — Artist renderings of the new Mount Jordan Middle School have been made available for public view.
The renderings were created by MHTN Architects, the architectural firm selected by the Canyons Board of Education to design the school following a bid process. Hogan and Associates Construction will oversee the building's construction.
Colors and other finishing details remain in the works,
The new school is made possible by a $250 million bond approved by voters in 2010. It will have a state-of-the-art auditorium; a 180-seat lecture hall; hallways and classrooms filled with natural light; an expanded cafeteria and spacious commons area; a gymnasium with two full courts, 14 basketball hoops, large locker rooms, fitness rooms dedicated to dance and strength training, and an elevated indoor running track with a special surface for running; and a performing arts suite for choir and band practices.
Students and staff temporarily have relocated to the former Crescent View Middle School, 11150 S. 300 East, while their new school is under construction. The new school is scheduled to open in fall 2015.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Judge tosses snowboarders' lawsuit demanding...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- Granite School District reminds teachers of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Bingham High students walk out over... 96
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 28
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 16