Jordan School District
SANDY — Artist renderings of the new Mount Jordan Middle School have been made available for public view.
The renderings were created by MHTN Architects, the architectural firm selected by the Canyons Board of Education to design the school following a bid process. Hogan and Associates Construction will oversee the building's construction.
Colors and other finishing details remain in the works,
The new school is made possible by a $250 million bond approved by voters in 2010. It will have a state-of-the-art auditorium; a 180-seat lecture hall; hallways and classrooms filled with natural light; an expanded cafeteria and spacious commons area; a gymnasium with two full courts, 14 basketball hoops, large locker rooms, fitness rooms dedicated to dance and strength training, and an elevated indoor running track with a special surface for running; and a performing arts suite for choir and band practices.
Students and staff temporarily have relocated to the former Crescent View Middle School, 11150 S. 300 East, while their new school is under construction. The new school is scheduled to open in fall 2015.
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Students wear green to honor 2 Hillcrest...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah's air pollution problem: What does... 17