Jordan School District
SANDY — Artist renderings of the new Mount Jordan Middle School have been made available for public view.
The renderings were created by MHTN Architects, the architectural firm selected by the Canyons Board of Education to design the school following a bid process. Hogan and Associates Construction will oversee the building's construction.
Colors and other finishing details remain in the works,
The new school is made possible by a $250 million bond approved by voters in 2010. It will have a state-of-the-art auditorium; a 180-seat lecture hall; hallways and classrooms filled with natural light; an expanded cafeteria and spacious commons area; a gymnasium with two full courts, 14 basketball hoops, large locker rooms, fitness rooms dedicated to dance and strength training, and an elevated indoor running track with a special surface for running; and a performing arts suite for choir and band practices.
Students and staff temporarily have relocated to the former Crescent View Middle School, 11150 S. 300 East, while their new school is under construction. The new school is scheduled to open in fall 2015.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 26
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14