Jordan School District
SANDY — Artist renderings of the new Mount Jordan Middle School have been made available for public view.
The renderings were created by MHTN Architects, the architectural firm selected by the Canyons Board of Education to design the school following a bid process. Hogan and Associates Construction will oversee the building's construction.
Colors and other finishing details remain in the works,
The new school is made possible by a $250 million bond approved by voters in 2010. It will have a state-of-the-art auditorium; a 180-seat lecture hall; hallways and classrooms filled with natural light; an expanded cafeteria and spacious commons area; a gymnasium with two full courts, 14 basketball hoops, large locker rooms, fitness rooms dedicated to dance and strength training, and an elevated indoor running track with a special surface for running; and a performing arts suite for choir and band practices.
Students and staff temporarily have relocated to the former Crescent View Middle School, 11150 S. 300 East, while their new school is under construction. The new school is scheduled to open in fall 2015.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Judge orders girl to stand trial for...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 72
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24