Utah football: Can the Utes put more points on the board this week?
“It’s something that this whole team needs to work through and we’ve got to make sure we stick together,” Wilson said. “I know we’ll get things corrected.”
Punter Tom Hackett agrees.
“Everyone’s in it together,” he said. “You go out on game day and you hope and pray that all three phases of the game are going to come together and you’re going to get the ‘W.’ ”
And now there’s a growing sense of urgency to secure the latter. Utah’s hopes for bowl eligibility weigh in the balance.
“That’s our No. 1 goal and the math gets easier and easier as the season goes on,” Whittingham said. “We’ve got to win two out of three, and that’s the long and short of it. So we’ve got our work cut out for us.”
It's a task made much easier, however, if things are clicking on offense — especially late in games.
“It’s just a matter of doing it consistently — week in and week out — and winning those close games,” Johnson said. “Just understanding the situations and handling our business in the fourth quarter and having a killer instinct and finishing people.”
EXTRA POINTS: Tight end Jake Murphy, who has been out with a broken wrist since Oct. 3, made the trip and is expected to play — barring any late decision by the medical staff preventing him from doing so . . . Linebacker Jared Norris and running back Kelvin York did not make trip because of undisclosed injuries . . . Oregon leads the all-time series with Utah by an 18-8 margin. The Ducks are expecting their 95th consecutive sellout at 54,000-seat Autzen Stadium. The Utes have lost seven straight road games to ranked opponents. The last win was a 20-17 decision at No. 19 BYU in 1999.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Doug Robinson: What might have been for the...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- BYU basketball: Cougars shake up starting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 74
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 61
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35