I realize that these are very bad times for President Barack Obama. The prognosis for the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) is not good. I share the view that the health care website is a disaster. I also acknowledge that he gave numerous assurances that those who had a health care plan would not lose it.
Only time will reveal the ultimate fate of ACA. However, I do not believe that President Obama intentionally lied. I believe that he is a man of the highest personal honesty and integrity.
I am well situated regardless of the outcome in this matter. My sympathy goes out to the poor and needy who have been exploited and victimized by insurance and medical providers. It is said that almost two-thirds of all bankruptcies are due to individuals and families who were overwhelmed by excessive medical costs.
Our nation pays a substantially greater portion of its GDP for medical cost than do other comparable countries. We are also less healthy than comparable countries.
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Letter: Society puzzles
- Equality in family life does not mean sameness
- Get the names right — or suffer...
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 39
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 32
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 30