I realize that these are very bad times for President Barack Obama. The prognosis for the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) is not good. I share the view that the health care website is a disaster. I also acknowledge that he gave numerous assurances that those who had a health care plan would not lose it.
Only time will reveal the ultimate fate of ACA. However, I do not believe that President Obama intentionally lied. I believe that he is a man of the highest personal honesty and integrity.
I am well situated regardless of the outcome in this matter. My sympathy goes out to the poor and needy who have been exploited and victimized by insurance and medical providers. It is said that almost two-thirds of all bankruptcies are due to individuals and families who were overwhelmed by excessive medical costs.
Our nation pays a substantially greater portion of its GDP for medical cost than do other comparable countries. We are also less healthy than comparable countries.
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 22
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 20
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol' 19