I realize that these are very bad times for President Barack Obama. The prognosis for the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) is not good. I share the view that the health care website is a disaster. I also acknowledge that he gave numerous assurances that those who had a health care plan would not lose it.
Only time will reveal the ultimate fate of ACA. However, I do not believe that President Obama intentionally lied. I believe that he is a man of the highest personal honesty and integrity.
I am well situated regardless of the outcome in this matter. My sympathy goes out to the poor and needy who have been exploited and victimized by insurance and medical providers. It is said that almost two-thirds of all bankruptcies are due to individuals and families who were overwhelmed by excessive medical costs.
Our nation pays a substantially greater portion of its GDP for medical cost than do other comparable countries. We are also less healthy than comparable countries.
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 79
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 50
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 22
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 19
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 18