Because of the problems the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) is having, it makes me realize the necessity of abiding by standards. The U.S. Constitution is a standard of highest importance to all of us and does not grant the federal government the right to deal in the lives of individuals. It protects us from the ignorant, ambitious and deceitful.
One of the major Founding Fathers, James Madison, stated in Federalist Paper No. 45, "The powers reserved to the several states will extend to all the objects which ... concern the lives, liberties and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State." Therefore, the federal government should deal only with inter-state, not intra-state, affairs.
- NYT Opinion: Embracing evangelical...
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- George F. Will: GOP minds are at sea —...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding Melania...
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the heavy...
- In our opinion: An unsatisfying resolution to...
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18