Because of the problems the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) is having, it makes me realize the necessity of abiding by standards. The U.S. Constitution is a standard of highest importance to all of us and does not grant the federal government the right to deal in the lives of individuals. It protects us from the ignorant, ambitious and deceitful.
One of the major Founding Fathers, James Madison, stated in Federalist Paper No. 45, "The powers reserved to the several states will extend to all the objects which ... concern the lives, liberties and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State." Therefore, the federal government should deal only with inter-state, not intra-state, affairs.
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising...
- Involve Utahns in national monument designations
- Letter: Welfare reform
- Legitimate, productive businesses are...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Becoming mentally...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- Helping kids master what matters: Emotions,...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 80
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 54
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising... 53
- Capitalism and the common good:... 45
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 39
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Federal contracting... 36