Because of the problems the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) is having, it makes me realize the necessity of abiding by standards. The U.S. Constitution is a standard of highest importance to all of us and does not grant the federal government the right to deal in the lives of individuals. It protects us from the ignorant, ambitious and deceitful.
One of the major Founding Fathers, James Madison, stated in Federalist Paper No. 45, "The powers reserved to the several states will extend to all the objects which ... concern the lives, liberties and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State." Therefore, the federal government should deal only with inter-state, not intra-state, affairs.
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 72
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 55
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 32
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 23
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 22