Because of the problems the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) is having, it makes me realize the necessity of abiding by standards. The U.S. Constitution is a standard of highest importance to all of us and does not grant the federal government the right to deal in the lives of individuals. It protects us from the ignorant, ambitious and deceitful.
One of the major Founding Fathers, James Madison, stated in Federalist Paper No. 45, "The powers reserved to the several states will extend to all the objects which ... concern the lives, liberties and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State." Therefore, the federal government should deal only with inter-state, not intra-state, affairs.
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- On second thought
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 48
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 46
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 39
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own... 28
- Americans are changing their tune on... 27
- In our opinion: Par for the president 24
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap?... 24