Because of the problems the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) is having, it makes me realize the necessity of abiding by standards. The U.S. Constitution is a standard of highest importance to all of us and does not grant the federal government the right to deal in the lives of individuals. It protects us from the ignorant, ambitious and deceitful.
One of the major Founding Fathers, James Madison, stated in Federalist Paper No. 45, "The powers reserved to the several states will extend to all the objects which ... concern the lives, liberties and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State." Therefore, the federal government should deal only with inter-state, not intra-state, affairs.
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new, less...
- David McAllister-Wilson: The joy of Christian...
- The year so far told through political cartoons
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term unemployment...
- In our opinion: Tax code is 3.7 million words...
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in...
- In our opinion: Obamacare's 'success'... 87
- Charles Krauthammer: Defend the... 50
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Why the... 50
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 49
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- Letter: Money is not speech 36
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 23
- Chris Brinton: Injunction against... 21