Because of the problems the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) is having, it makes me realize the necessity of abiding by standards. The U.S. Constitution is a standard of highest importance to all of us and does not grant the federal government the right to deal in the lives of individuals. It protects us from the ignorant, ambitious and deceitful.
One of the major Founding Fathers, James Madison, stated in Federalist Paper No. 45, "The powers reserved to the several states will extend to all the objects which ... concern the lives, liberties and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State." Therefore, the federal government should deal only with inter-state, not intra-state, affairs.
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look at the...
- In our opinion: A social media enabled...
- John Hoffmire: Does aid work? Markets, big...
- Derek B. Miller: Utah's economic development...
- Letter: Nothing is 'free'
- Letter: Citizens have a duty
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 84
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 52
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 38
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22