In September of 2007, Somers filed a police report claiming there were two incidents of abuse in the three months following her mother’s death. In late May, she was asleep in her parents' bed when she woke to find her father fondling her and kissing her hand, charging documents state. He was supposed to have been sleeping on a couch.
Jumping from bed, Somers asked MacNeill what he was doing. “I’m sorry, I thought you were your mother,” he replied, according to the charges.
A similar incident allegedly occurred two months later during a family trip to California. Somers told police her father later apologized, but she feared her young sisters may not be safe in the home and sought legal custody of the four adopted girls.
During the custody fight, Somers recorded her telephone calls with MacNeill. In one exchange, MacNeill said he would let Somers have the girls if she agreed to sign a notarized statement denying that he had ever touched her inappropriately, court documents state. Somers refused, and in the ensuing argument MacNeill said he “was asleep when I did that,” the charges state.
In a police interview, MacNeill refused to answer questions, but upon hearing the allegations, he uttered: “A person can not be held accountable for their actions while they are asleep,” court papers say.
According to a separate police report, MacNeill told his daughters that “even though his wife is dead, he is still a sexual person and has desires that need to be met."
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Man gets jail time for attempted recruitment...
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14