Holladay couple found dead in apparent murder-suicide
HOLLADAY — An elderly couple whom family members had not heard from for as long as two weeks were found dead in their home from an apparent murder-suicide.
The bodies of Mildred T. Clayton-Kunz, 78, and Larry P. Kunz, 79, were found Wednesday night in their residence at 2647 E. Valley View Ave. (4810 South). Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said they had been dead for at least several days.
The last time family members had talked to either person was sometime between the end of October to the beginning of November, Hoyal said. On Wednesday, family members went to the Kunz home to check on them. They found all of the doors locked and mail and newspapers piled up on their porch.
Unified police were called just before 9 p.m. They forced entry into the house and found the bodies. Larry Kunz is believed to have shot and killed his wife before taking his own life, Hoyal said. A gun was found near the man's body. There were no signs of a struggle in the home.
Hoyal said investigators did not find any kind of note that may have been left or other evidence explaining a motive. The Kunzes were reportedly suffering from health problems, Hoyal said, without going into detail about what those were.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty to...
- 1 dead in Uintah County after track hoe...
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in Provo
- Farmington woman tumbles 150 feet in hiking...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride Center's...
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 59
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 42
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 40
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 28
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 15
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 13