Holladay couple found dead in apparent murder-suicide
HOLLADAY — An elderly couple whom family members had not heard from for as long as two weeks were found dead in their home from an apparent murder-suicide.
The bodies of Mildred T. Clayton-Kunz, 78, and Larry P. Kunz, 79, were found Wednesday night in their residence at 2647 E. Valley View Ave. (4810 South). Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said they had been dead for at least several days.
The last time family members had talked to either person was sometime between the end of October to the beginning of November, Hoyal said. On Wednesday, family members went to the Kunz home to check on them. They found all of the doors locked and mail and newspapers piled up on their porch.
Unified police were called just before 9 p.m. They forced entry into the house and found the bodies. Larry Kunz is believed to have shot and killed his wife before taking his own life, Hoyal said. A gun was found near the man's body. There were no signs of a struggle in the home.
Hoyal said investigators did not find any kind of note that may have been left or other evidence explaining a motive. The Kunzes were reportedly suffering from health problems, Hoyal said, without going into detail about what those were.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 60
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 57
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 53
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 43
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Utah high school students unprepared... 15