BYU, Utah, Utah State and Weber State all ink players on national basketball letter of intent day
“I am thrilled to have these three young men join our program,” Krystkowiak said. “They each epitomize what we search for in a student-athlete. They are tremendous young men with excellent skill sets, great work ethic and high character. This is a great day for Utah basketball.”
Utah State signed Bountiful guard Sam Merrill (6 foot 4), who will serve an LDS mission before enrolling.
“Sam is an old-school guard and to me, that is a big compliment. He does everything you want a guard to do. He is a great passer, an outstanding shooter and an excellent ballhandler,” Utah State coach Stew Morrill said. “He is tough and physical, and that shines through on the defensive end. Just like David Collette, he is a Utah kid that will take great pride in playing at Utah State.”
Weber State added the services of Zach Braxton (6 foot 9) from Highlands Ranch, Colo.; Hayden Hunter (5 foot 11) from North Richland, Texas; Jeremiah Jefferson (6 foot 2) from Dallas; and Ryan Richardson (6 foot 4) from Mesa, Ariz.
“As a group we feel really good about each one of these kids, not only because of their basketball abilities but because of the type of people they are and the high character they have,” said Weber coach Randy Rahe. “We really feel that all four of them fit our program and our culture very, very well and that will allow them to be extremely successful in our program. All four are also good students and come from excellent families with great values"
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24