BYU, Utah, Utah State and Weber State all ink players on national basketball letter of intent day
“I am thrilled to have these three young men join our program,” Krystkowiak said. “They each epitomize what we search for in a student-athlete. They are tremendous young men with excellent skill sets, great work ethic and high character. This is a great day for Utah basketball.”
Utah State signed Bountiful guard Sam Merrill (6 foot 4), who will serve an LDS mission before enrolling.
“Sam is an old-school guard and to me, that is a big compliment. He does everything you want a guard to do. He is a great passer, an outstanding shooter and an excellent ballhandler,” Utah State coach Stew Morrill said. “He is tough and physical, and that shines through on the defensive end. Just like David Collette, he is a Utah kid that will take great pride in playing at Utah State.”
Weber State added the services of Zach Braxton (6 foot 9) from Highlands Ranch, Colo.; Hayden Hunter (5 foot 11) from North Richland, Texas; Jeremiah Jefferson (6 foot 2) from Dallas; and Ryan Richardson (6 foot 4) from Mesa, Ariz.
“As a group we feel really good about each one of these kids, not only because of their basketball abilities but because of the type of people they are and the high character they have,” said Weber coach Randy Rahe. “We really feel that all four of them fit our program and our culture very, very well and that will allow them to be extremely successful in our program. All four are also good students and come from excellent families with great values"
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 78
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 64
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Annual instate college basketball... 37
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 32
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29