Colleagues, fans share condolences via Twitter following news of Todd Christensen's passing
Photography by: Mark Philbrick/B, Mark Philbrick/BYU
Numerous people turned to Twitter to share their condolences and memories after former BYU great and Oakland/L.A. Raiders tight end Todd Christensen passed away, due to complications from surgery.
He was 57.
Christensen was a first-team All-WAC honoree his senior season at BYU, playing from 1974-77 for the Cougars. He finished with 2,655 all-purpose yards and 20 touchdowns while playing fullback for BYU.
Originally a second-round draft pick by the Dallas Cowboys in 1978, he spent the final 10 years of his 11-year NFL career with the Raiders organization. He switched to tight end, and during his time with the Raiders, Christensen won two Super Bowl rings and played in five Pro Bowls. He also had 5,872 receiving yards and 41 touchdowns.
Here is a look at what some people said about Christensen via the social media site:
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward gets a...
- A Super Bowl 1st-timer, Utah native Sealver...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 67
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 39
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 34
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 33
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 31
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28