Colleagues, fans share condolences via Twitter following news of Todd Christensen's passing
Photography by: Mark Philbrick/B, Mark Philbrick/BYU
Numerous people turned to Twitter to share their condolences and memories after former BYU great and Oakland/L.A. Raiders tight end Todd Christensen passed away, due to complications from surgery.
He was 57.
Christensen was a first-team All-WAC honoree his senior season at BYU, playing from 1974-77 for the Cougars. He finished with 2,655 all-purpose yards and 20 touchdowns while playing fullback for BYU.
Originally a second-round draft pick by the Dallas Cowboys in 1978, he spent the final 10 years of his 11-year NFL career with the Raiders organization. He switched to tight end, and during his time with the Raiders, Christensen won two Super Bowl rings and played in five Pro Bowls. He also had 5,872 receiving yards and 41 touchdowns.
Here is a look at what some people said about Christensen via the social media site:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45