Colleagues, fans share condolences via Twitter following news of Todd Christensen's passing
Photography by: Mark Philbrick/B, Mark Philbrick/BYU
Numerous people turned to Twitter to share their condolences and memories after former BYU great and Oakland/L.A. Raiders tight end Todd Christensen passed away, due to complications from surgery.
He was 57.
Christensen was a first-team All-WAC honoree his senior season at BYU, playing from 1974-77 for the Cougars. He finished with 2,655 all-purpose yards and 20 touchdowns while playing fullback for BYU.
Originally a second-round draft pick by the Dallas Cowboys in 1978, he spent the final 10 years of his 11-year NFL career with the Raiders organization. He switched to tight end, and during his time with the Raiders, Christensen won two Super Bowl rings and played in five Pro Bowls. He also had 5,872 receiving yards and 41 touchdowns.
Here is a look at what some people said about Christensen via the social media site:
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for Jabari...
- Defense, rebounding, big second half propels...
- BYU football adds California DL Kainoa Fuiava...
- BYU basketball: First-grader given royal blue...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State, 71-69
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Live stream: High school drill team state...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired assistant...
- Morning links: Which Utah school has... 92
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 85
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 79
- After slow start, Runnin' Utes sprint... 49
- Utes receive commitment from Florida LB... 42
- BYU football: 2016 recruiting class... 42
- College football signing day central:... 34
- Morning links: Ty Detmer plays ping... 32