Colleagues, fans share condolences via Twitter following news of Todd Christensen's passing
Photography by: Mark Philbrick/B, Mark Philbrick/BYU
Numerous people turned to Twitter to share their condolences and memories after former BYU great and Oakland/L.A. Raiders tight end Todd Christensen passed away, due to complications from surgery.
He was 57.
Christensen was a first-team All-WAC honoree his senior season at BYU, playing from 1974-77 for the Cougars. He finished with 2,655 all-purpose yards and 20 touchdowns while playing fullback for BYU.
Originally a second-round draft pick by the Dallas Cowboys in 1978, he spent the final 10 years of his 11-year NFL career with the Raiders organization. He switched to tight end, and during his time with the Raiders, Christensen won two Super Bowl rings and played in five Pro Bowls. He also had 5,872 receiving yards and 41 touchdowns.
Here is a look at what some people said about Christensen via the social media site:
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback...
- Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3, injuries...
- Virginia gearing up for big road test at No....
- Amy Donaldson: Domestic violence isn't a...
- Week 2 NFL locals roundup: Players from Utah...
- AAC commish: BYU is a 'power' team 134
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 102
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 63
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Vai's View: BYU's greatest quarterback... 51
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU... 50
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 49
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 47