Utah couple shares lessons learned from infertility after baby announcement video goes viral
"We know parenting will be the most challenging thing we ever do, but it will also be the most rewarding. I think waiting so long for this to happen will help us appreciate and be patient with our child that much more."
While the Taylors are overjoyed with their pregnancy, they remain mindful of the lessons infertility taught them.
"No matter how long your journey is, it is still very difficult," Jalene said. "We definitely learned a lot of things during that time: patience and understanding that it wasn't up to us and our timeline. We also learned to lean on each other instead of letting it put a wedge between us."
The Taylors' struggle also played a role in Pickett's decision to participate in the project.
"Besides my genuine love for Lincoln and Jalene, what attracted me to this project was my own connection to the experience my wife and I had with infertility. We struggled for five years before starting our own little family with the help and miracle of IVF," Pickett said.
"Familiar with both sides of the issue, I find real joy in supporting not only those who are asked to go through this difficult trial of infertility — for reasons only God knows why — but also I LOVE celebrating the blessing and miracle of a new baby."
Although the Taylors have enjoyed their time together to grow and work on their marriage, they always had hopes that children would be in their future.
"Having a family has always been super important to us. While it is fun to be able to pick up and go anytime without kids, I don't think there is anything in the world more rewarding than having a family," Jalene said.
"We are of course nervous about becoming parents, but we are way more excited! We have been looking forward to this for a long time and can't wait to meet our baby in May."
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- 'Duck Dynasty' stars reveal their 'guide to a...
- Motherhood Matters: For the lonely mothers in...
- ‘Project (Un)Popular’ explores...
- 'Warriors Over the Wasatch' on track to...
- Scammers take more than money when they...
- 45 new locations open to provide free summer...
- Centerville’s July 4th celebration...
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13
- 'Warriors Over the Wasatch' on track to... 10
- Family searches for answers after... 10
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: How to get happiness... 4
- Scammers take more than money when they... 2
- Erin Stewart: 5 tips for moms to... 2