Utah couple shares lessons learned from infertility after baby announcement video goes viral
"We know parenting will be the most challenging thing we ever do, but it will also be the most rewarding. I think waiting so long for this to happen will help us appreciate and be patient with our child that much more."
While the Taylors are overjoyed with their pregnancy, they remain mindful of the lessons infertility taught them.
"No matter how long your journey is, it is still very difficult," Jalene said. "We definitely learned a lot of things during that time: patience and understanding that it wasn't up to us and our timeline. We also learned to lean on each other instead of letting it put a wedge between us."
The Taylors' struggle also played a role in Pickett's decision to participate in the project.
"Besides my genuine love for Lincoln and Jalene, what attracted me to this project was my own connection to the experience my wife and I had with infertility. We struggled for five years before starting our own little family with the help and miracle of IVF," Pickett said.
"Familiar with both sides of the issue, I find real joy in supporting not only those who are asked to go through this difficult trial of infertility — for reasons only God knows why — but also I LOVE celebrating the blessing and miracle of a new baby."
Although the Taylors have enjoyed their time together to grow and work on their marriage, they always had hopes that children would be in their future.
"Having a family has always been super important to us. While it is fun to be able to pick up and go anytime without kids, I don't think there is anything in the world more rewarding than having a family," Jalene said.
"We are of course nervous about becoming parents, but we are way more excited! We have been looking forward to this for a long time and can't wait to meet our baby in May."
- Summer movie preview: A look at 21 films and...
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- Britain's new princess can't expect...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring believes he...
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price to pay...
- The Clean Cut: Newfound perspective inspires...
- The Clean Cut: 'Kid History' stars create...
- Stepmoms navigate sometimes-tricky trail, but...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson... 6
- From the makeup aisle: Advice from a... 5
- Parents, do your kids trust the... 5
- Britain's new princess can't expect... 4
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price... 3
- The case for renewing the War on Poverty 2
- The little-known benefit to cleaning... 2