Utah Jazz: Winless and frustrated, Jazz hope to get first victory Wednesday vs. New Orleans
The Pelicans are led by 6-foot-10 Anthony Davis, the second-year forward/center who's averaging 21.7 points, 11.6 rebounds, nearly four blocks and more than two steals a game. Shooting guard Eric Gordon adds 16.1 points per game, and point guard Jrue Holiday is contributing 14 points and 7.1 assists per game for these goofy-looking birds.
Corbin knows that New Orleans will be far from a goofy-looking pushover, however — especially since his own team can't seem to find a win with a search party these days.
"Over the last couple of years, they've gotten better," the Jazz coach said of the Pelicans. "They've been together for a little while now, and they have an identity of who they are and how they want to play.
"They've taken some knocks the last few years and now they're just starting to see the rewards of the work they've put in, and they're starting to feel good about themselves.
"So they're gonna come in aggressive," Corbin said. "They've getting up and down the floor, and Davis has turned into a really nice player for them. ... We have to try and take away their transition baskets."
Corbin said that whether his team loses by one point or 20, it still hurts just the same and that the only cure for what's ailing the Jazz right now is a "W" — something they need in the very worst way.
And the only way that'll happen is if they stay together and keep working hard.
"We'll have opportunities if we continue to work, but we just haven't gotten over the hump in a game yet," he said.
"The guys are great, man. They're disappointed as we are as a coaching staff; we're disappointed in the losses and disappointed in our performance at times, but we're still working.
"And that's the main thing — that we continue to work and stay together, and hopefully this thing will turn around for us soon. ... It's all part of growing through this process, man."
Indeed, something's coming for the Jazz. Now they're just hoping it's a win or two or 20, and not another frustrating defeat in what is quickly turning into a dismal season.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26