Ravell Call, Deseret News
SOUTH SALT LAKE — Utah Transit Authority police, in partnership with the police and fire departments in Salt Lake City and South Salt Lake, participated Tuesday in a safety exercise on the new UTA streetcar line.
The exercise was designed as a learning environment for multiple jurisdictions to practice emergency response plans, policies, and procedures as they pertain to a vehicle, cyclist and streetcar incident. Subject matter experts and local representatives from various organizations took part in conducting and evaluating the exercise.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17