Ravell Call, Deseret News
SOUTH SALT LAKE — Utah Transit Authority police, in partnership with the police and fire departments in Salt Lake City and South Salt Lake, participated Tuesday in a safety exercise on the new UTA streetcar line.
The exercise was designed as a learning environment for multiple jurisdictions to practice emergency response plans, policies, and procedures as they pertain to a vehicle, cyclist and streetcar incident. Subject matter experts and local representatives from various organizations took part in conducting and evaluating the exercise.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 12