Cookbook review: 'Recipes Inspired By Our Garden' is bountifully delicious
5. In a large sauté pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic. Cook until soft, stirring, then add the sausage. Cook, untouched, until the sausage starts to brown, then stir. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add the squash strands to the sausage and continue cooking until heated through, about one minute.
7. Remove the pan from the heat. Toss in the Parmigiana Reggiano and oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
— "Bountiful: Recipes Inspired by Our Garden" by Todd Porter and Diane Cu
If you go ...
What: Todd Porter and Diane Cu book signing
When: Saturday, Nov. 16, 2 p.m.
Where: The King's English, 1511 S. 1500 East, Salt Lake City
Note: Places in the signing line are reserved for those who purchase a copy of the featured book from The King's English.
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises...
- John Lennon audio interviews surface on 'I'm...
- Ranking movies from best to worst
- Religious-themed films find home in Hollywood
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a theological...
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a... 9
- Sugar House fireworks show will go on... 6
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises... 4
- Ranking movies from best to worst 4
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Daughters and... 3
- 'Biggest Loser' casting call to be in... 3
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on... 3
- 'Captain Underpants' tops list of last... 2