Author Jeff Benedict to speak at BYU Management Society luncheon in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — Noted author and Deseret News contributor Jeff Benedict will participate in a BYU Management Society luncheon Thursday at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
Benedict will speak about his latest book, “The System: The Glory and Scandal of Big-Time College Football.” The book, which prominently features the Brigham Young University football team, reached the New York Times Bestseller List earlier this year.
Benedict is also a Deseret News contributor, addressing a variety of topics, from sports to faith.
His most recent piece, “Christian convert's beliefs hold up through violence, threats, imprisonment,” addresses the struggle of Tito Momen, a man who converted from Islam to Christianity and in the process was disowned by his family and imprisoned in Egypt for 15 years.
Also for the Deseret News, Benedict wrote an exclusive introduction to an SI.com article about the suspension of BYU linebacker Spencer Hadley. Furthermore, select segments of “The System” were published by the Deseret News in anticipation of the book’s release.
Prior to a luncheon, a 30-minute networking session will be held.
The luncheon begins at noon and is open to the public, but registration is required, at BYUMS.com. The cost for members of the BYU Management Society is $25 and $30 for non-members.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24