Author Jeff Benedict to speak at BYU Management Society luncheon in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — Noted author and Deseret News contributor Jeff Benedict will participate in a BYU Management Society luncheon Thursday at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
Benedict will speak about his latest book, “The System: The Glory and Scandal of Big-Time College Football.” The book, which prominently features the Brigham Young University football team, reached the New York Times Bestseller List earlier this year.
Benedict is also a Deseret News contributor, addressing a variety of topics, from sports to faith.
His most recent piece, “Christian convert's beliefs hold up through violence, threats, imprisonment,” addresses the struggle of Tito Momen, a man who converted from Islam to Christianity and in the process was disowned by his family and imprisoned in Egypt for 15 years.
Also for the Deseret News, Benedict wrote an exclusive introduction to an SI.com article about the suspension of BYU linebacker Spencer Hadley. Furthermore, select segments of “The System” were published by the Deseret News in anticipation of the book’s release.
Prior to a luncheon, a 30-minute networking session will be held.
The luncheon begins at noon and is open to the public, but registration is required, at BYUMS.com. The cost for members of the BYU Management Society is $25 and $30 for non-members.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11