Author Jeff Benedict to speak at BYU Management Society luncheon in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — Noted author and Deseret News contributor Jeff Benedict will participate in a BYU Management Society luncheon Thursday at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
Benedict will speak about his latest book, “The System: The Glory and Scandal of Big-Time College Football.” The book, which prominently features the Brigham Young University football team, reached the New York Times Bestseller List earlier this year.
Benedict is also a Deseret News contributor, addressing a variety of topics, from sports to faith.
His most recent piece, “Christian convert's beliefs hold up through violence, threats, imprisonment,” addresses the struggle of Tito Momen, a man who converted from Islam to Christianity and in the process was disowned by his family and imprisoned in Egypt for 15 years.
Also for the Deseret News, Benedict wrote an exclusive introduction to an SI.com article about the suspension of BYU linebacker Spencer Hadley. Furthermore, select segments of “The System” were published by the Deseret News in anticipation of the book’s release.
Prior to a luncheon, a 30-minute networking session will be held.
The luncheon begins at noon and is open to the public, but registration is required, at BYUMS.com. The cost for members of the BYU Management Society is $25 and $30 for non-members.
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 35
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 15