Author Jeff Benedict to speak at BYU Management Society luncheon in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — Noted author and Deseret News contributor Jeff Benedict will participate in a BYU Management Society luncheon Thursday at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
Benedict will speak about his latest book, “The System: The Glory and Scandal of Big-Time College Football.” The book, which prominently features the Brigham Young University football team, reached the New York Times Bestseller List earlier this year.
Benedict is also a Deseret News contributor, addressing a variety of topics, from sports to faith.
His most recent piece, “Christian convert's beliefs hold up through violence, threats, imprisonment,” addresses the struggle of Tito Momen, a man who converted from Islam to Christianity and in the process was disowned by his family and imprisoned in Egypt for 15 years.
Also for the Deseret News, Benedict wrote an exclusive introduction to an SI.com article about the suspension of BYU linebacker Spencer Hadley. Furthermore, select segments of “The System” were published by the Deseret News in anticipation of the book’s release.
Prior to a luncheon, a 30-minute networking session will be held.
The luncheon begins at noon and is open to the public, but registration is required, at BYUMS.com. The cost for members of the BYU Management Society is $25 and $30 for non-members.
- Mom of Darrien Hunt being investigated in...
- Prison relocation process slows down
- Appeal of excommunicated LDS activist Kate...
- Clearfield pediatrician arrested in child...
- Man accused of shooting 72-year-old West...
- Strack family: Search warrants begin 'to...
- Utah families, researchers play role in...
- New poll shows Love, Owens race tightens;...
- Doug Owens ahead of Mia Love in new poll 59
- New poll shows Love, Owens race... 46
- State autopsy: Police shot Darrien Hunt... 34
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out... 30
- Final debate between Mia Love and Doug... 27
- Prison relocation process slows down 27
- Mom of Darrien Hunt being investigated... 27
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 21