SALT LAKE CITY — The Aquila Group of Funds announced Monday that the municipal bond fund formerly known as Tax-Free Fund For Utah is now called Aquila Tax-Free Fund For Utah.
The investment objective, principal investment strategy and locally-based investment management team of the fund remain unchanged.
Launched on Pioneer Day 1992, Aquila Tax-Free Fund For Utah is the oldest and only existing municipal-bond fund in the state. The fund was designed especially for Utah residents.
“Aquila Tax-Free Fund For Utah can now be more readily identified in the wide array of mutual fund information and research services used by investors and their financial advisers,” explained Diana Herrmann, president and CEO of Aquila Investment Management LLC. “We believe that including the Aquila brand in the name of our funds aides investors searching for the funds, and helps them see the depth and the span of our expertise in the municipal bond market.”
Aquila Tax-Free Fund For Utah seeks to provide as high a level of current income exempt from Utah state and regular federal income taxes. Utah municipal bonds help finance schools, highways, airports, hospitals, and water and sewer facilities in the state.
The fund — which included approximately 5,400 local shareholders — has helped finance projects at the University of Utah and Weber State University, charter schools, as well as the Salt Lake City TRAX lines, the Dixie Center in St. George and the Utah Valley University Student Center in Orem.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9