2014 NBA Draft Tracker: Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins are the real deal
Karl B DeBlaker, AP
With the Utah Jazz in the midst of a 0-7 start to the 2013-14 basketball season, many have already started looking forward to the up-and-coming 2014 NBA Draft.
Normally that would be way too premature, but in this case there is a good reason. If every player that is eligible to come out does, this will be the most talent-laden draft in at least a decade.
The college basketball season began in earnest Friday night for the most heralded freshman class in a long time, and we already saw flashes of why NBA teams are positioning themselves for a high pick in 2014.
Not since LeBron James was in high school has there been so much fanfare about a high school class of players. Some of the best are already household names.
Everyone in sports has already heard the names Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker, but they aren’t the only players in college whose games have virtually every NBA general manager and scout drooling. The Kentucky Wildcats' roster is testament enough of that.
Coach John Calipari brought in so much talent that after an extremely disappointing season a year ago, the Wildcats are already ranked No. 1. The main attractions for the Wildcats this season are dominating forwards Julius Randle and James Young, as well as twin guards Andrew and Aaron Harrison.
Not to be outdone, Kansas brought in a pair of talented freshmen to play with Wiggins this year in big man Joel Embiid and guard Wayne Selden.
The Arizona Wildcats also made a splash in recruiting. Their biggest get on the season was acquiring the serves of Aaron Gordon.
Freshmen aren't the only players that make the upcoming draft so deep. Oklahoma State's sophomore point guard Marcus Smart will be highly sought after if he decides to go the NBA route after this season is over.
Throughout the college basketball season, we will follow this bunch of gifted athletes and any others that separate themselves from the pack to let you know who is flourishing and how it will affect their draft status so you know who might land in a Utah Jazz uniform a year from now.
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Christian Stewart writes final chapter on...
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why OU...
- Dick Harmon: Sonny Detmer's bloodline about...
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A decade...
- Jazz not expected to be a major player (or...
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake Heaps'...
- Why is William Penn, a Quaker university in...
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 49
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 44
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 27
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 14
- Jazz not expected to be a major player... 13
- Dick Harmon: Sonny Detmer's bloodline... 12
- Utah State wide receiver/kick returner... 10